The Proposal part 2

Scene 2:
I was led to my room, it was a guest suite furthest from the rest of the castle. Alucard stood in the doorway as I placed my belongings down. I surfaced the room making sure there was enough space to set up my communication mirror. One of the treasures left behind by my father, I needed to tell my mother my stay will be extended. " So do you frequently coerce people or are we your first?" I heard Alucard's remark from the door.
"In my country I serve as the voice. I do not look to coerce, but to simply provide transparent and courteous opportunities. Which is extended to; vampires, humans, and other creatures alike. I work to maintain peace that is all." I looked at him as I dusted the sheets. Everything in this place needed a heavy cleaning. The workers in my castle make sure everything is cleaned and sanitized. I shouldn't expect much from the primitive west.
"So you are the diplomat, you know Carmilla had one. Her name was Lenore, she was kind but there was always an evil angle. According to what I've heard. How do I know you are not the same?" He continued.
"She wasn't a diplomat and she would never survive under my empire. I continue to work for peace, without strings or calamity. Evil directions grow useless after a while, cohesion is often a necessity. Lenore was it? She would crumble before me, and I mean that humbly. I am on your side, and the side of your people, Alucard." I could feel him smile while my back was turned. " The bottle I came with was an offering of peace, we do not possess much of it and to give it as a gift is a grand gesture of compliance. Only those who we feel are a puzzle piece to our kingdom, deserve the luxuries of it as well."
"You are good with your words Miss Mai Iko. I am curious what is in that bottle."
"Please, call me Mai." I smiled and walked towards him. "In my land all blood we are given is donated, we do not murder or harm our people. On a specific day each year families with new born children donate blood to the kingdom. Infant blood is a delicacy because it shows how much the people love and respect the empire. We do not force or mandate their donation, they set up clinics themselves and draw blood. From there they deliver them  in bottles to our castle. What I present you with is the freshest blood of infants. A token of the peace, from my people to you."
"I haven't drank blood in ages, if at all. After my father.." He muttered but I cut him short, it was clear he was unaware of his father being alive either.
"Please, it would be of great honor if we drank together. I am sure your human leaders are tucked away in their rooms by now. Besides we are half vampires, we can enjoy the night for a while." I was begging to drink. At this point the bread only fed half of my hunger. He nodded his head and we met back in the dining room. He grabbed two wine glasses and sat them before us. I opened the bottle and poured the blood in both. "You come from an impeccable lineage Sir Tepes. Yet you show none of the barbarity of your father." I took a drink from the cup.
"My mother was a saint, she showed me otherwise." He sipped as well, I could see the strange satisfaction on his face as he indulged in the blood.
"My empire heard what happened to her, what took place was wrong. It should have never transpired. I applaud you for your composure and faith in people." He smiled at me and continued drinking.
"Your turn, talk about your mother." He gestured.
"Okay well, my mother is the Queen of our kingdom, she is the ruler and general, judge and punisher."
"No, tell me who your mother is, a woman ruling vampires of an entire continent is more than just a queen. Transparency was the deal." His golden eyes stared deeply at me and his fangs retracted as he continued to drink.
" My mother is Queen Mafi Kyau, and her mother was a queen before her. Prior to the development of civilization, my ancestors were a group of African women. They knew of the darkness that could spread across lands, demons and creatures far before your father and mine. So they figured out ways to protect themselves. Using herbs and skills of their environment they created their own form of magic. These practices transformed and were passed down generationally. They called themselves sisters of Caulico. This magic was combined with darkness and light to protect themselves. All the magical gadgets that you see, the ability to do things that are unnatural stems from these women. They settled across all nations of the world and taught others. My ancestors were hailed as the queens of the developing civilization that we have now. After a couple of centuries my mother became queen leading the Caulico women and soon met my father. He was a vampire, eldest vampire to be exact. He was awful, worse than anything Dracula could have been but he fell in love with my mother. The sisters of the tribe were against their union and waged war on my mother and him. My mother killed them all, and made my father King. In return my father was to serve as the protector of the empire, and then he was banished to hell by forces far beyond any of us. Before the banishment he turned my mother who was dying after childbirth. My mother continues to serve as their protector, and works to continue healthy prosperity." I poured another cup of blood.
"Shit, you have quite a story." He chuckled and poured more for himself. " I am surprised no one speaks of the Eastern empire, no one has mentioned anything, not even my father."
"We kept quiet for ages, if no one knows of us no one will bother us. After my father was banished we preferred to stay in the shadows. Then we heard of the war here and figured why not expand peace." Him and I finished the bottle, he smiled once more at me.
"Thank you for your transparency, Mai Iko of Arjorbi. We can continue more in the morning, I think I have indulged enough." I nodded as he left the kitchen, I could feel him slowly considering a merger.
The only one in my way is the Belmont.
I entered my room and opened the box with my mirror. I contacted my mother. "I will be here longer than you expected, your grace. I have to give more effort to ensure they will join us, their trust has been broken by others."
"Do what is needed my daughter, this is an important unity."
"They do not know of the resurrection of Dracula, nor is he here."
"We can uncover that after they agree to join. Their ignorance will only destroy our work, stick to the plan of conversion. We will act on the rest later."
"Yes mother." I lowered the glass back into the box and laid on the bed. It was time to turn Trevor Belmont.