The 'cat' turned beast

Within a forest, Nathan Collins was wearing a cloak, he removed it to reveal a gray sleeved shirt and jeans. Except the shirt was torn on the back. He didn't mind as he summoned two tendrils out of his back and morphed them to a more sharpened form.

His eyesight focused on the trees around him as he popped his neck from side to side. He squatted down low and jumped up. He summoned his other two tendrils quickly with his jump to gain more height.

He stabbed through a nearby tree with his tendrils and began to climb up. He would continue on climbing until he reached the top.

Once he was perched on the top, he took a look at the area around him.

"Ok, let's give this a try."

Nathan rotated his shoulders around and stretched his 2 tendrils out further and morphed them into wings, of sorts. He motioned the makeshift limbs up and down.

He breathed in and out, as he jumped off into a dive...

...And was falling fast into the ground

"Damndamndamndamndamndamn!God damn it!"

In between his yelling, he unleashed his other two tendrils trying to grab hold of anything. But any branches he held on, broke. As for any trees he had stabbed his tendrils in, only made deep cuts that followed him.

A loud crunch was heard. As Nathan became conscious he retracted the tendrils that were left out.

"Note to self; Flying is overrated."

He lifted himself up, but when he did. He felt something gooey on the ground. He looked down and saw a giant crushed wasp beneath him.

"Well on the bright side. I did miss breakfast today so.."

Nathan heard a faint meow coming from far away. He turned his head towards the discretion the sound came from and back at the crushed wasp. He rubbed his chin.

"You know. I could provide more meals to the table. Better than moss with worms."

The brown-haired boy said as he got up and took the wasp head. Went over to get his cloak and ran towards the second meow. He unleashed two of his tendrils to gain more speed.

After a while he saw three other wasps surrounding a small thing. Nathan smirked at the three wasps, as he ate the wasp's head and stealthy walked backwards.

Meanwhile, Anne and Sprig appeared in the same area. Anne gasped at the struggling creature.

"Oh my gosh! We have to save her!"

"Right behind ya!"

Sprig pulled out his slingshot as Anne ran ahead to rescue the critter.

She made it to the creature but struggled a bit trying to pull her out. But fell backwards with the critter in her hands.

"Gotcha!"

Stringers stabbed the area around her.

"...Gotta go!"

Anne dashed out of the area making her leave.

A wasp tried to go after the human girl. But was stopped as a rock was hit in its head.

"Take that, buzz brains! Go sting someone your own size!"

A loud cry was heard as Nathan pounced on one of the giant wasps and began beating it with his fists.

"Nathan? Where were yo-?"

"Let's go!"

Anne said to Sprig. As he turned around at the wasps and Nathan and said.