14.

One Month Later | September 12th, 2021 |

"Where are you Nana?" Jayda mumbled, holding Cyncere in her arms, laying in her bed with him.

"I'm not 'bouta stay there if you keep accusing me of shit Jay. I'm tired of you repeating the same shit to me even when I try to show you that I'm not doing nothing." He said, trying not to sound as frustrated as he was.

"I'm sorry. I won't bring it back up just come back home please." She rubbed Cyncere's scalp, listening to the rain showers that was happening outside of her window.

"Nah. I need a break Jayda." He told her, and a frown placed upon her face as she sat up.

"What?" She laid Cyncere under her covers, standing up from her bed.

"Not break from our relationship, just from the nagging you doing about bullshit. You ain't trusting me right now, all we been doing is arguing lately. Maybe we need some space. I been all under you every damn day and you still finding some shit to question me about." He placed her on speakerphone, his phone becoming hot.

"Nau'Jour because you've been acting different. It's not like I've been accusing you of cheating or something. I'm trying to figure out what's been bothering you and you're just drowning yourself into some sort of depression instead of talking to me."

"You been sad as hell and you can't even front like you haven't. I've been trying to figure out if it's me, and since you told me it wasn't, I'm trying to get you to open up about what it is. Just tell me that you don't wanna talk about it instead of trying to make it seem like I'm going crazy or something." She ranted, and the line went silent for a few seconds.

"You want a break from me because I wanna help you Nana? That's fine. If you want some space, I can respect that. But don't make it seem like we're taking a break because of only me. You've been unintentionally rude to me for weeks now and I haven't said anything about it."

"You only leave my house to go to the studio now, you don't hang out with your friends. I know you aren't cheating on me Na, the thought never crossed my mind. But there IS something that's wrong, and I'm your girlfriend and best friend for a reason. You're sad and I want to know why."

"But if you feel like space would be the answer, then that's okay. If it's me, I'm sorry. I don't mean to crowd you or pester you. I'm scared that you'll leave me, so I'm just trying to prevent that. I'm sorry." Tears were now falling from her eyes, and she wiped her face, becoming upset with herself.

"Baby don't cry please." He sighed, and she sniffed, trying to stop her tears from falling.

"I'm always fucking something up, it never fails I'm literally always ruining shit. I'm so sorry. Will you just come home? I'll stop. Ok? I won't bring it up anymore but I need you. Please come home Nana." She wiped her face, leaning over her kitchen counter as thunder crashed.

"Jayda I-I don't wanna be there right now mama. I just need a few hours, okay? I'm sorry." His voice rasped into the phone, and she covered her face, nodding though he couldn't see her.

"Okay. That's fine, I'm sorry too. I'm sorry if it feels like I'm pressuring you to get over how you feel, those aren't my intentions." She mumbled, clearing her throat after her voice cracked.

"It's okay baby. I'm not taking a break from you, aight? I'll come in the morning as soon as the storm over. I'll be there before you wake up, I promise." He told her, and she sniffed, wiping her eyes once more.

"Are you sure? You can take a break if you n-."

"I'm sure. I love you." He cut her off so that she didn't make herself any sadder, and a pout graced her face.