rescue (john b)

Summary: y/n is JJ's twin sister. Her and John B have had a thing for a while but when y/n needs help the rest of the group soon sees that "no pougue on pougue macking" doesn't exist anymore.
tw- abuse from parent(s)
word count: 1239
- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - -
I was walking home from the ice cream shop after work and I saw my least favorite thing, my dad's truck was in the driveway. JJ must have already went over to John B's place so it was just me. I hesitated but I slowly opened the door trying not to make noise in case my dad was sleeping. Then I heard "Huh look who decided to finally come home." Shit I said to myself.

I had been staying at John B's for 3 days and I guess my dad caught on to me and JJ not being home. "Where's your mess up of a brother" my dad said. I just sat there and stared at him. "Aren't you going to say something" he screamed "you haven't been home and now you think you can just walk right in here." He stepped forward and I knew what was coming. My cheek stung. He went for my stomach next and it knocked me to the ground. I hit my head on the coffee table and my vision got blurry. "Stay awake" I said to myself. Now he was kicking me and I could hear him screaming about how he hated me and JJ but I couldn't really focus enough to perfectly understand him. God, I regret stopping by here so much.

I heard him slam the door as he left. I tried to get up but I just couldn't. Black spots filled my vision, but I was able to find my phone. "Hey Siri call John B" was the last thing I said before I completely blacked out.

John B's pov:
My phone was ringing and y/n lit up the screen. She was the only one not here yet. The whole gang was outside just messing around: JJ was cleaning his bike, Kiara was sitting in the hammock half asleep, and Pope was talking to JJ. I decided to go inside and talk to her. "What's up y/n you aren't here yet" I said into the phone. Nothing. "y/n can you hear me." No response. I was getting worried now cause I knew she got off work 45 minutes ago and it shouldn't take her that long to get here. I ran outside to JJ and I asked "Do you know where y/n is?" "Uh she had work" he answered. I pulled JJ aside to talk to him. "Look y/n got off work almost an hour ago and she called me and the line is silent and she told me she was coming straight he after work, somethings up I know it" I said worried. JJ said "shit we gotta find her I bet she went home."

We got the rest of the gang and we hoped in the twinkie. JJ explained what he thinks happened to Kie and Pope. I just drove. I got to the Maybanks as fast as I could. Luke's car was gone so he wasn't home right now. Pope and Kie stayed in the car as JJ and I ran inside. "Shit" JJ said as I rushed to y/n's side. She was beat up bad and unconscious. We both tried to get her to wake up and after what felt like forever she started to flutter her eyes.

y/n's pov:
"y/n y/n" I could hear someone say but I couldn't make it out. I was so sore. I tried my best to open my eyes, but they wanted to stay shut. Someone grabbed my hand and I heard John B "come on y/n wake up." I opened up my eyes and slowly started to see JJ and John B. They both hugged me and I could tell John B was crying. JJ didn't cry, he's seen me like this before and dad gets to him too. I tried to get up but I couldn't. "Hey it's ok you're gonna be ok we are gonna take you to my place" John B whispered. They both helped me and they took almost all my weight. It hurt to walk. It hurt to move. I saw that Kiara and Pope were also in the car and Pope opened the door. JJ said he'd drive as John B got in the back with me. Pope sat in the front and John B positioned me so I was laying on him. Kie held my hand the whole drive. It was almost a silent drive except for JJ cursing under his breath. This is why we stay at John B's so much.

We pulled up to the house and John B helped me in. I could walk a little better now but it still hurt. John B set me on his bed and I laid down. I knew they weren't gonna let me get any sleep for a while. JJ came in and whispered some things to John B. I so desperately wanted to know what they were talking about. Pope came in with a first aid kit, Kiara not far behind. JJ made me sit up against the bed as John B got in the bed with me. I had been quite this whole time. I haven't said a word. That wasn't like me normally when I'm with the group I'm super talkative and outgoing. Today was the opposite, I wanted to be left alone. "Look guys I'll be fine I don't think I even need the first aid kit it's just some bruises" I finally said. JJ asked me stupid questions to make sure my head was ok as John B sat there rubbing my back.

Everyone finally got the hint that I wanted to be left alone and they walked out, everyone but John B. I was glad he stayed. He kissed my cheek and we sat there in silence until I finally said "Thanks for being here." He didn't talk cause he knew I didn't really want to talk about what just happened. Instead he started to talk about random things that didn't really matter.

After a while Kie came in and asked if we wanted some food from the wreck cause she was ordering some to go for the gang. John B ordered a fish sandwich and I got a burger. We went out to the living room cause I was feeling much better and I wanted to be around everyone else. We played a game of cards and ate dinner before Pope and Kie had to leave. It was getting late and John B and I went back to his room to sleep. JJ followed us cause he knew something was up. "y/n what's going on" JJ said. I jumped cause I didn't know he had followed us. "Nothing" I shut him down. He left the room and me and John B went to bed. I was so tired and he curled up to me.

When we woke up and checked our phones we saw that the group chat was already active. JJ had sent a photo of us cuddling with a text saying "We caught em." Kie responded saying she always knew. Me and John B just laughed.