Pieces in Order

EP 2 :

.

Finn Shelby, asleep as a man hid in the shadows, watching his movements. The sleeping Shelby stirs awake as he felt uncomfortable, his eyes slowly open up to meet his wife, soundly asleep without a care in the world.

Immediately he snaps his head around to find the man sitting in a chair in the dark, the silhouette just barely defined by the flicker of a night lamp. The gusty night winds blew into the couple's room as the two men held eye contact. Finn carefully reaches for the gun hidden under his pillow as the man's cold stare remained.

" Don't bother reaching for the gun, Finn. I've emptied it out." Tommy whispers.

" So you're here to finish me off? For your supposed son?" Finn asked as his breath slightly hitch at his potential demise but Tommy shakes his head.

"No. Duke doesn't know I'm here. In fact, no one does because they think I'm dead." Tommy says calmly as he lights a cigarette, offering one to Finn.

"So why are you here? You said Shelby business."

Tommy stares.

" Let's walk, Finn. You lead the way." He said as he got up. The two began to walk by a river as the moonlight glimmers by the surface of the water.

"I've recently been diagnosed with tuberculoma, Finn. Doctors say I have anywhere between three months to a year, possibly more.

Since then, I've realised the importance of family and I want to apologize to you. You were right all those years ago, I never got around to you. I never tried to understand you or your position.

I know you want to make a name for yourself here. I'm offering you a chance to both make a name and rejoin the family."

" The family won't forgive me, your son won't."

" I've spoken to Arthur, Duke and Charlie just before I left a few months ago. They're all in favour of forgetting what has passed but, you'll need to earn their trust." Tommy lied.

" And how will I do that?" Finn asked intrigued.

" By doing good on this end, Finn. Shelby Company doesn't just do car parts or distilleries any longer. We've expanded to better change the world. You could be a part of it." Tom says as he places his hand on Finn's shoulder, shaking it.

"What's your plan?"

.

In Charlie Strong's yard, a young man just entering his early twenties was seen working with the horses, changing their shoes and hammering away at hot metal. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, a sense of peace in a scrap metal yard.

"Duke! Arthur wants to see you." An old man in a hat calls out from the distance as he stood alongside Arthur Shelby and Isaiah. The young lad dusted himself off before approaching the trio.

" Yeah, Arthur? Isaiah." He greeted. He's gotten accustomed to the Blinders and their form of business. A vast difference from how he was when he first came into the family.

" There was a shipment of car parts from America but the goods were damaged.

Isaiah here is going to clear things up with Mr Stagg about the cause. You. You're back up. And if you see something you like, you bring it here. Work on it. Make good of it. Hmm?"

" Where are we headed then?"

" Liverpool."

Duke's eyes widen.