Laying Down the Cards

EP 4 :

.

Garrison Tavern

Ada walked into the bar that was practically empty after Arthur ordered the customers to move to a different part of the bar. She took off her gloves as Arthur passed her a glass of whiskey.

Uncle Charlie, Ada, Duke, Jeremiah, Isaiah and Johnny Dogs sat down as they awaited for the purpose of the sudden meeting. Arthur seemed to be on edge as he downs another glass of whiskey.

"Right, rather than me telling you. I'll let the man himself do it." He said, leaving the rest confused as to what he was on about.

The door to the private room of the bar opened up as a man that's all too familiar to them strutted in. His hard gaze passes all of them, taking in their reaction of disbelief and anger. He takes off his hat, placing it on the bar as all eyes are on him.

Ada, unable to hold it any longer gets up from her seat and confronts Tommy who doesn't show any reaction. A loud slap could be heard as Tommy's face remains unchanged while Ada huffs in disbelief.

" Five fucking years, Tommy! Did it not occur to you that we're your family?!" She questions him angrily as he stood there in silence. He knows this was coming. It's only natural. He opens the metallic case and light a cigarette as everyone waited for his next words.

" Five years ago, my enemies made me believe that I was dying. Because of that, I decided that I'll take meself away because I don't want anyone to have to see me go through it.

However since learning that I've been misinformed, I have been closely watching not just my enemies but also the company and the people that were around me.

Ada, I know you've been going to the House more as my replacement and I thank you for that.

Jeremiah, I know that you've been spending more time in Charlie's yard and preaching in the local churches.

Duke and Isaiah, I know that the two of you have been helping the people of Birmingham in their various troubles.

That being said, the reason I've been hiding myself from you all despite me being perfectly healthy, is because I needed my enemies to believe that I'm dead. I need to be able to use that to my advantage."

"And who is this enemy of yours, Tom?" Johnny asks. Tommy stares at him for a second.

"The same one from five years ago, Johnny. The same one Ada is fighting right now." Tommy says as his gaze goes to Ada. She as well, looks up in realization at what he is saying.

"You're going to try and put an end once more to Oswald fucking Mosley?"

" Not try, Ada. I will put an end to that man, whatever it takes." Tommy says defiantly.

"But revenge comes later, now there are developments for the company and the various businesses under it.

I've procured a source of raw materials from Peninsula Malaya. The materials are suitable and will be used in our production of car parts.

In America, particularly Boston. I've made an agreement with our old business partner, Mr Solomon's. He's willing to give us two warehouses for our shipping needs in exchange for our distillery products."