Busted

EP 5 :

Tommy is walked into a dark underground location. By the looks of it, it used to be a storage facility. Perhaps firearms seeing as how the crates were labelled with machine gun models and barrels of gunpowder.

Surprisingly throughout the entire journey, he was never blindfolded. The four men paced about in the place as the sun from the outside as well as lightbulbs lit the place up with a yellow tint. The windows must've not been cleaned for nearly a decade.

Jack led Tommy to a table that was just near the sunlight and right under a dingy old lightbulb. The table was oddly enough a meal for two. Lobster rolls with fries, baked beans and drinks on the side. To say Tommy wasn't surprised would be a lie.

Tommy stood there with a one time expression as Jack helped himself to the meal. Noticing his guest wasn't sitting down, he looked up in confusion as he took a swig of wine.

" What's the matter, Mr Shelby?" He asked smugly.

"Well, no one has ever invited me for dinner before they try to end my life."

Jack looks at Tommy coldly as they both have a brief stare down.

"Take a seat Mr Shelby. I've had my chef cook us some of the people's favourite,"

" Do tell." Tommy sat down, entertaining Jack's little game as he lights up a cigarette.

" Lobster rolls, clam chowder, baked beans and some wine."

" Fuck the wine, I prefer whiskey."

Jack snaps his fingers.

" Mark, bring the man his whiskey."

The man came back seconds later with a decanter as the glass filled up in front of Tommy.

" So what's this? Some kind of joke?"

" This my friend, is death row. And this is your last meal." Jack said.

" You forget, Nelson. I'm already dead."

" Yeah, I heard about your little parade down in London. Fancy, I must say.

You know, this place used to be my brother's. He'd help the government manufacture firearms and gunpowder. He was then listed by the army to fight in the war. You wanna know what happened to him?"

Jack's tone grew serious as he swirled the wine in his hand with a look to kill.

" What?" Tommy followed along. He had never researched about Jack's brother so to now know that he served was rather eye-opening.

" He barely survived. Two weeks in hospital and he was just gone. And the government? They didn't even bat an eye to at least acknowledged what he'd done."

As if the room could grow any more silent, Jack leaned in slightly.

" You're a brave man, Mr Shelby. I told you that before. But bravery without brains, that's foolishness."

" I think you may have confused confidence with foolishness, Nelson."

" You tried to take everything I've built for my family here. Family is my strength and I will stop at nothing if someone tries to fuck with my family."