All's Fair

EP 3 :

January 1939

The clocktower in Small Heath chimed as it hit midnight. All was quiet as everyone was supposed to be asleep at this time. Streets were mostly empty as the moonlight shines the path.

In Charlie Strong's yard, a young man sat by a fire that was lit near the river that flowed. With a bottle of whiskey in hand, he warmed up to the fire as he waited in the dark. Charlie and Curly were already fast asleep.

" Sorry to keep you waiting." A voice spoke from the shadows. The person took a few more steps as it revealed to be Isaiah smoking a cigarette.

" What's going on?" Duke asked. The question has lingered ever since Isaiah asked to meet him.

" Do you remember when we had to go to the docks regarding the damaged goods?"

" Yeah, why?"

" Remember them workers that got beat and injured? I found out who did it. They're in a pub right now just down the road."

" What are you trying to do, Isaiah?"

" I want to send a message, Duke. So that they never dare to mess with anyone ever again."

" If Arthur finds ou-"

" Arthur would agree with me. Come on, Duke. What are you afraid of? You're a Peaky fucking Blinder. We own this fucking place." Isaiah egged him on as they both head off in the dead of night, focused on one simple goal—raising hell for the devils on Earth.

They finally arrived at a pub that was on the verge of closing. Muffled shouting and commotion inside the pub could be heard very faintly as the duo looked towards each other. Duke held a metal crowbar in his hand while Isaiah opted for a simple pair of brass knuckles.

"Wait, you take the front door. I have an idea." Duke says as he leaves Isaiah in a confused state. Shaking it off, Isaiah enters the pub where the bartender and the waiteress were seemingly bothered and annoyed at the four drunks, haggling and preventing them from closing shop.

" Well well, good evening everyone."

" What do ya want? Ya Peaky cunt!" One of the drunks slurred as he look towards the young lad face to face. Isaiah was unbothered by this and merely scoffed with a smirk.

" Noise complaint. Can I have a whiskey, please?" He kindly asked the bartender who frantically poured a cup for him.

" You think you boys are still kings? Thomas Shelby is having a drink alongside John while Arthur has his balls firmly tucked away in his missus purse." Another man spat as the four of them cornered Isaiah sitting down in a bar stool, drinking without a drop of fear.

"Why don't you two uhm. . . step outside for a bit? Before things get louder." Isaiah kindly whispered the two workers who gladly did as told.

The four men stood, waiting for their moment when the loud sound of a metal bar whacking a head could be heard. One of the men stumbled, causing the other three to look.

Momentarily distracted, Isaiah took this opportunity to get two for himself. Using his bodyweight, he rammed them into one of the tables causing it to topple over as the glasses shattered.