chapter 8

*****

(Janice's POV)

Grabe ang kaba ko ng sabihin ko yun sa harap nila, especially in front of the princess. I'm too scared na malaman niya na dito ako pinaaral ng parents ko at hindi sa Vampire University (V.U.) in our kingdom. I'm just worried, baka kasi ipa hunt niya ang buong angkan namin at parusahan.

Back in our kingdom, maraming nagsasabi na she's the coldest, intimidating and heartless princess in the royal family. Yet the most gorgeous and stunning princess in the kingdom. That's one of the reason why no one dared to make friends with her because of the fear that they can't handle and understand her. But the princess I'm facing right now is totally a different person, because of her jolliness and the way she laughed and talk to us right now, she's like she knows us for a long time.

And she's laughing like there's no tomorrow, kaya ganoon na lang ang gulat ko ng makitang kalmado at masaya siya sa harapan namin. And to the fact na inaasar nya pa ako sa mga tinginan at ngiti nya. I can sense na comfortable sya sa amin.

'The look of your face Ms. Clarkson, I didn't expect this confrontation.' Pang-aasar nya pa at lalo lang talaga akong nahiya. She just laugh and laugh until her stomach hurts. Chelsea and Abegail remain silent, siguro pina-parocess pa nila yung mga nangyayari.

Well, I can't blame them for their reactions. Kaya sinubsob ko na lang muna ang ulo ko sa unan at tsaka humiga na lang. Hearing the princess laughed for the first time in 4 years again, it's like a melody to my ears. I looked at her full of admiration, I can't believe this is happening. Walang nag bago, I'm still speechless on her beauty.

'She's still gorgeous as hell damn.' I said between my thoughts.
'I can still hear your thoughts Janice, but I'm more hotter than hell Ms. Clarkson." nagulat ako ng may biglang sumabat sa isip ko at agad akong napatingin sa prinsesa na ngayon ay naka ngisi na naman na nakatingin sa akin.

'Pansin ko lang ha, kanina pa sya panay tingin sa akin. Oh my gosh, what if may gusto na pala sya sa akin? Ang imposible pero sana.'

Agad kong isinarado ang isipan ko at napayuko na lang talaga sa hiya.
'Ang tanga mo naman Janice, shuta ka nakakahiya ka talaga kahit kailan. Napaka delulu mo!!' Naiinis ko namang sabi sa isipan ko.

I took a deep sigh and I sit properly on the couch and face them again. Pero this time, kalmado na ako.

"Wait, so you're saying that, you're a vampire too?!"-Abegail
Tumango lang ako bilang tugon sa tanong nya. 

"Yeahh. And the truth is I'm 99 years older than the both of you. So yes, that's explains everything." I said in a calm voice.
"That's so cool! I wish I'm a vampire too, like you guys! Huhu"-Chels

"So, may super powers ka din katulad ni Tori?" -Abegail

"Yeah, but speed and telepathy lang meron ako. Unlike to the princess Tori, she has the power to control fire and ice, and the ability to read your mind, a very high speed running, a sharp hearing and teleportation." Pagpapaliwanag ko.

Nanlaki naman ang mga mata nilang dalawa pati ako ay nagulat sa sinabi ko tsaka tinignan ang prinsesa ng may gulat sa mukha.

"WAIT WHAT?! YOU'RE A PRINCESS?!" sabay nilang sabi.
'Oh my, lagot ka talaga Janice!! Bunganga mo kasi!' I said in between my thoughts.

I looked at the princess who's now in a serious and emotionless mode right now. Hala patay na, lagot talaga ako nito.

"Yeahh, but not for now." Nababagot namang sagot nito.

'Huh? What did she mean not for now?'

"How cool is that! I mean, you're so lucky that you're a royalty!"-Chelsea
"Nahh, I'm not as lucky as any other princesses that you've read and watched in a big screen. And as you can see, I ran away from my kingdom." She coldly smiled at the two and stared at me.

"What?! Why?"
"Because.... it's a secret."
"Ehhh? Okay, since you're a princess naman, 'di kami mangungulit. We respect your privacy your majesty."-Abegail
"Oh please! Just call me by my name. Crap the formalities, I hate it."-Tori
"OKAY!" bumalik na agad ang masayang mukha ng prinsesa attsaka tinignan ulit ako sa mata.

"Soo, what brings you to continue your studies here at the mortal world Janice?" Napalunok ako ng bahagya ng makitang nakangisi na naman siya sa 'kin.

"Well, it's because I'm a very stubborn child you know, and I'm the only daughter of the Clarkson Empire kaya hindi nila ako kayang matiis."

"I see, that's why your parents sometimes leaves the kingdom with no reason. May pagka spoiled brat ka din pala."

"Y-yeah, maybe."
"But i didn't know that the Clarkson family has such a beautiful yet spoiled daughter." uminit bigla ang pisnge ko sa mga sinabi nya, kaya naman napayuko na lang ako.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA..OH MY...HAHAHA.."
Nagulat ako ng biglang tumawa yung tatlo, kaya naman tinignan ko sila ng masama. Pero yung dalawa lang ang na tahimik dahil tawa parin siya ng tawa.

'I didn't know that you can be this annoying, princess Tori. May pagka bully ka din pala ha.'

Mga ilang minuto pa bago sya tumigil sa kakatawa at tsaka ako tinignan ng nakangisi.

'Shit i forgot that she can read minds. God you're such an idiot Janice! Fuck!'

"Uhmm, mag kakilala nga ba talaga kayong dalawa?" Curious na tanong ni Abegail. 

"No, their family is one of the most trusted family in our kingdom, and it happens that they have only 1 daughter in their family. I didn't know about that or maybe I'm just spending too much time in my room." Kunwaring nag iisip muna siya tsaka tumawa ulit pero mahina lang.

"Oh, if that's the case...WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US SOONER JANICE!! WHY?!" Matinis na sigaw sa akin ni Chels habang niyuyogyog ang balikat ko.

"Because I thought if you'll know my secret, you'll be scared at layuan niyo ako."

"What the heck girl? You talk too much and you know that won't happen! We kept a promise na sasabihin natin mga secrets natin diba?"-Abegail
"And also, we're best friends here you know!"-Chelsea
"I know pero this is a different case you know."
"Ewan ko sayo, ang epal mo din talaga. Ano ba kinakatakot mo? Hindi naman kami snitch."-Abegail
"Tama! And now that we know that the two of you are vampires, how cool is that ba to be a vampire?? You must be really rich-ouch"-Chelsea
"Shut up Chelsea, ayan ka na naman sa tanongan mong ang lalayo. Mahiya ka nga." May pangdidilat sa matang sabi ni Abegail.

Sabay binatukan siya ni Abegail, kaya napatawa na lang ako ng bahagya.
"How can you talk so straight forward Chels? You're really an unbelievable girl." napailing nalang ako sa dalawa at naki sali na lang sa kanilang kalokohan gaya ng dati. Even the princess, nakikisali na rin sa kalokohan namin.

The rumours about the princess are half true and not. Buti na lang nakilala ko sya ng personal. I'm really lucky to laugh and talk to her like this. No, I'm honored pala to see her enjoying her time with us. And I'm really grateful to see her smile and laugh like that again. I just hope na mag patuloy lang ito at maging magkaibigan kami. Patuloy lang silang nag tanungan ng kahit ano at syempre wala namana kaming magawa kundi sagutin din sila.

I think I know the reason for her sudden changes. From the cold and emotionless princess, to a kind and cheerful princess.

Tinignan ko ang ngayong tulog mantika na si Kate, and I know for sure, that she's the reason why the princess is slowly changing and interacting to ordinary people like us. Even tho I'm not really a human, but I'm also part of her people. 

"Well, I can't blame the princess tho, Kate is really a goddess even with her glasses on." I murmured.

'I have to clear my curiosity and thoughts later, but for now, I'll just enjoy myself with them.' I then took a deep breath and rejoined them.

I'm really lucky to have them in my life, and for the first time, I felt like I've just released a very heavy blocks on my shoulder. And thanks god, the princess stopped teasing me. Maybe I'll talk to her later just to clarify some things, and along with my never ending questions and the curiosity for her sudden changes.