chapter 21

(Shawn's POV)

I woke up with a really bad headache in a cold room full of colors, and then I realized that, I'm not in my own bed! But instead, I'm in a room that I don't recognize.

"Where the heck am I?" I said with a confused face. As I looks around, I noticed that everything around me had a childish designs on it.

"Kaninong kwarto 'to? Kwarto ba 'to ng bata?" Tumayo ako ng bahagya habang nakahawak sa ulo.

"Arghh.. why is this room looks kinda, familiar?" Nilibot ko lang ang paningin ko sa loob ng kwarto hanggang sa mapako ang tingin ko sa isang familiar na stuffed animals na maayos na nakalagay sa isang trey.

And then realization hits me. I'm back at my childhood bedroo! I was so shocked that I even fell from the bed. Nong tatayo na sana ako ay napansin ko na parang ang liit ng kamay ko at para bang ang pandak ko.

I emediately check myself in the human sized mirror, and then I saw that I'm wearing the same clothes I wore when I was a child. Hindi ako makapaniwala sa nakikita ko, kaya naman napaupo na lang ako sa sahig habang tinitignan ang sariling repleksyon. I was so confused and scared, but part of me is a little bit excited and happy to be back in my old room.

Tumayo na ako at tsaka inayos muna ang sarili, bago lumabas ng kwarto at tsaka nilibot ang kada sulok ng bahay namin.

As I explored my old house, I went inside to a small library, and there I found a photo album that took me again on a journey through my past. I saw tons of good pictures of me and my parents smiling happily at the camera, and then sudden flashbacks came to my mind with all of the good times we had together.

Naramdaman kong may tumulong luha sa mga mata ko habang tinitignan ang mga masasayang larawan na kinuha namin noon.

"This photos here will always be the best and happiest memories I had with my parents. But it's also the painful memory that is full of sadness and sorrows." I smiled bitterly as I closed back the photo album thinking this just happened years ago.

"Shawn? Sweetie? Where are you darling?" I heard a very familiar voice outside the room. I was stunned for a moment, then as I recognize who's the owner of that voice, I was in tears.

"I-It's mom's voice!"

Slowly, I walked towards the door and opened it, revealing my mom's worried and pretty face. I was happy, but heartbroken again as I was able to see her worried face. And my emotions starts to build up. My heart filled with joy as I run towards her as a child.

"There you are, we've been looking for you all over the house!" She said in a worried tone and then hugged me tightly,  making me cry on her shoulder as I hugged her back.

"M-mom? Y-you're alive!" I mumbled to her arms as I cried.
"Of course I'm alive sweetie. Shushh now calm down na, don't worry, mom's here." She patted my back gently and then kissed my forehead.

"Oh my god! You found her! Where have you been all this time young lady?" I heard a man's voice as he walks towards us. I saw mom pointed the library and giggled. I then looked up to see the man who's now standing in front of us and I can't stop myself from crying all over again.

"D-daddy!" I shouted and then went towards his direction and hugged him tightly on his legs.

I heard some giggles as he bent down to see me and smiled. And then he pinched my chubby cheeks and hugged me softly.