1

A/N THIS IS NOT THE FIRST CHAPTER!! The book starts on The Rosewood It Girl, my chapters keep getting screwed up. Sorry.

 I walked home from school with Aria, Hanna,Spencer, and Emily.

It was the first day of tenth grade and since I'm actually Courtney, I was lost.

A lot.

But since I'm Alison DiLaurentis, I had tons of people to help out.

I just made sure Naomi, Riley, Aria, Hanna, Emily, and Spencer weren't around when I asked, or else something would seem different.

I had to be especially careful around Naomi and Riley.

I don't know if real Ali told them about the twin situation or not, and if I acted different, they might figure it out and tell my parents.

And that could not happen.

"Let's go to that new frozen yogurt place." I suggested.

"I don't have money." Emily pointed out.

"Me either." Hanna added.

"Doesn't matter. I'll pay." I shrugged.

"Are you sure?" Aria asked.

"Of course. First day of tenth grade present from one best friend to another.. four." I added four and we all giggled.

"I would race but, Han, Aria, and I are in heels." I mentioned and they nodded understandingly.

The thing about this friendship is, that I love it, but I hate it.

They all would do anything for me, and do everything I say.

Which I love, because I have power, and they won't leave me.

But I hate it, because I don't want them to feel like underdogs to me. I want us all to be equal and have input.

"Soo, who are your crushes? I know we had summer crushes, but now it's the school year, and they have to look good wearing more than a bathing suit, unlike over break." I said.

"Mine is still Noel Kahn." Aria said sheepishly.

"I don't know... I don't have one yet. I'll keep my eye out tomorrow." Spencer joked.

"I don't know, I kinda like Caleb Rivers." Hanna said, opening the door to the parlor.

I breathed in the fruity smell.

"That computer geek, Han? Seriously?" I asked.

"What? He's cute and I could get all my electronics fixed for free." She shrugged and we all laughed.

"What about you, Em?" Spencer asked.

"i don't have one." She looked at her shoes.

Then Emily looked up and waved to someone.

I looked over and looked at who she was waving at.

"Since when were you and Toby Cavanaugh friends? He's creepy, Em. Stay away." I warned.

"He's changed since he was sent away. He's my lab partner and he's into a lot of the same stuff I am." She defended.

"What, so you're into creeping around girls houses?" I snickered.

"But-"

"Em, if he hadn't creeped around my house when we were trying on each others clothes then I would've never thrown that firework into his garage and Jenna wouldn't be blind." I reminded her.

"Okay. Whatever." She said, defeated.

We got our frozen yogurt and we headed back to Spencer's house, where we were going to have a sleepover in the barn they converted into a house.

It was Spencer's sister, Melissa's, but she went off to college.

And so did my brother.

He went to Yale.

I had and am still having a hard time with it.

Jason was the only one that really visited me.

My mom and dad talked with me but it was mostly general.

And real Ali just smiled at me the whole time.

Not for comfort.

But because she had power over me.

But Jason talked with me about what real Ali had done to me.

And asked if I was okay.

He tried many times to convince my parents that real Ali had done this to me.

But they wouldn't listen.

But I couldn't express what loss I was feeling for Jason, because Jason and Ali hated each other.

Sometimes I wonder what made real Ali change, and decide to hate me.

And that may never be answered.