Chapter 13:

"How beautiful to find a heart that loves you, without asking you for anything, but to be okay."
-Khalil Gibran-
__________________________

"So, he's like your sugar daddy?"

"No, Jeongin. He is not my sugar daddy," Felix said, attempting to hang his clothes in his closet, "He said that he does it for everyone. He takes everyone who needs clothes shopping, and buys everyone a meal at Seungmin's restaurant."

Jeongin rolled his eyes, "Sure," He wasn't sure why Chan lied, he knew that only Chan's closest friends from the gang were shown that place, but he wouldn't call the older out.

"He also gave me his card,"

Jeongin choked.

"Dude are you good?"

"No! What the fuck he gave you his card?" The boy said, running up to his best friend.

Felix shrugged, pulling out the matte black card from his back pocket, "Yeah. I thought he was joking, but he said I could go shopping online, clothes or room decorations. He stuck it in my pocket, patted my ass, then walked to his office without saying anything else."

"And you let him? Touch your ass??"

He was ignored, Felix walked past him to grab yet another bag stuffed with clothes that needed to be hung up. "And you deny the fact that he's your sugar daddy," He mumbled, throwing his hands up in surrender when Felix turned glaring at him.

"You know, this would go a lot faster if I had someone helping me. Then we won't be late for lunch," The blonde pointed out, slightly overwhelmed.

"You bought everything, not me. Why should I help you?"

"Because you love me and I'll let you call me baby or whatever without protest,"

"And~?" Jeongin dragged out, sitting up at the end of Felix's bed.

Felix sighed, "And you can keep one thing. Just please help me?"

"Of course bubba,"

Close to an hour later, the two best friends were drained, all of the clothes finally put away, except for the one thing Jeongin had picked out.

"You really had to choose my favorite thing I bought, didn't you?" It was a simple top, but it was the thing he liked the most.

"I had to make it valuable," Jeongin shrugged.

Felix lifted an eyebrow, "Jeongin literally everything in my closet is worth more than my entire existence,"

"And?"

"Whatever,"

"Let's go, Jisung and Seungmin are going to kill us if we're late,"

"They're coming with us?" Felix asked, sliding into the passenger seat.

Jeongin nodded. "Yeah, they really want to get to know you, considering you've been here for what, almost five days?"

"More or less, time is irrelevant and I don't keep up,"

"Well you've been here for less than 5 days and they have been dying to know what you're like,"

The car hummed quietly through the ride, Felix admired the scenery passing by.

"Hey, uh...Jeongin?" He started hesitantly, "Did you ever make...make a new best friend? It's totally fine if you did, I just wanna know,"

It was kind of a foolish question in Felix's opinion, but he wanted to know. It had been a really long time since they were together, it was totally understandable for Jeongin to have replaced him. 'I'm just a replaceable person' He thought.

There was a couple seconds of tense silence, Jeongin gaping at Felix when they stopped in the parking lot. "Wha-? Ex-fucking-cuse me? New best friend?"

"I-It was just a question!"

"The fuck were you thinking?" Jeongin yelled. "You have always been my best friend! You are my best friend now and you always will be my best friend! The first love of my life, my main hoe!"

"I know! I'm sorry! It's just that I left with my parents when we were kids and then I ran away and only saw you for a week or so. I took complete advantage of your hospitality, then left without a word. You had every right to make a new best friend and forget everything about me," He ranted, avoiding eye contact and playing with his hands in his lap.

Jeongin's eyes softened, the fire extinguishing, "Bubs. You did nothing wrong. And you leaving without a word isn't true, you left me a note. You explained why you had to leave, you told me how grateful you were. You did not take advantage of me. I could never consider having a best friend other than you. Sure Hyunjin is one of my best friends, but you're always number 1. Plus he's a huge asshat,"

"Sorry for ruining the mood Innie,"

"You didn't. Now, we've been parked outside of this cafe for like 12 minutes, they're gonna freak if we don't drag our asses inside right away,"

Felix smiled lightly, shutting the car door before Jeongin linked their arms together.

_______________________________
Words: 818

I'm stopping here because it's like 4 in the morning and I need sleep.

🤍🧸