Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

"Woah... what the heck was that?"

Maxima asked, her voice filled with awe and confusion. We were making our way back to the common room after the dueling match had ended. Naturally, I was with Maxima and Samantha.

"He talked to the snake, obviously"

 I replied, trying to sound nonchalant. But then, I heard that voice again. The same voice that haunted me, and my scar burned like hell. The voice was closer this time, insistent and malevolent.

'Kill'

'Time to kill...'

'Blood...'

I shut my eyes tightly, trying to block it out, but the voice grew louder, echoing through my mind. I had no choice but to follow it, to find the source.

"Y/N, we just got here! Where are you going?"

Samantha shouted as I began to hurry away, already far from them.

"I... I just remembered something I need to do"

I called back, my voice strained with urgency. Without waiting for their response, I quickened my pace, driven by a desperate need to confront whatever was calling out to me.

I stumbled into an old, disused lavatory, one that I knew no one ever wanted to enter. The walls were damp and covered in grime, the sinks rusted and ancient. I leaned over one of the sinks, gasping for air as if I had just finished running a marathon. My heart pounded in my chest, and I could feel the panic rising. I undid my tie, letting it hang loosely around my neck, and splashed cold water on my face, hoping it would bring some clarity.

Kill...

'Stop.'

Kill...

'Please... stop.'

The scent of blood filled my nostrils, an overwhelming and nauseating odor.

I smell blood...

'STOP!!'

I want blood...

"I said stop!!! It hurts, I can't breathe, please stop!!"

I shouted, my voice echoing off the tiled walls. The pain in my scar intensified, throbbing with every beat of my heart. It felt like something was trying to take over, to control me, and I was fighting it with every ounce of my willpower.

Tears streamed down my face as I sank to my knees, clutching the edge of the sink for support. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to shut out the voice, the darkness, the overwhelming desire for blood. My breaths came in ragged gasps, and I felt like I was drowning in the evil presence that was invading my mind.

Suddenly, I heard a faint, familiar voice.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

Her voice filled with concern. She must have followed me.

"Please... help me"

I managed to whisper, my voice barely audible over the sound of my own labored breathing.

"I can't... I can't stop it."

Maxima rushed to my side, her presence a small comfort in the midst of the chaos raging inside me. She put a hand on my shoulder, trying to steady me.

"Hang on, Y/N. We'll get through this"

She said, her voice firm and reassuring.

"We'll get you help."