Chapter 16

a/n: it'll have so many changes of POV so bear with it, byeee enjoy reading^^

Harry's POV

After some talk, I could see that Dumbledore was not having any of it. His expression remained stern, his eyes never leaving Tom's face. Tom, sensing the conversation was over, excused himself and left the room. I decided to follow him, driven by a need to uncover the truth.

Tom moved quickly through the corridors, his footsteps echoing in the empty hallways. I kept a safe distance, making sure not to lose sight of him. He finally stopped in front of a door, taking out his wand and muttering a spell. The door creaked open, revealing a dimly lit room.

"Evening, Hagrid," Tom said, stepping inside. "You know you have to turn it in, Hagrid."

I peered into the room and saw Hagrid, looking young and troubled. His massive frame was hunched, and he clutched a small box protectively. They were talking, but I couldn't catch every word. The tension between them was palpable.

Tom pointed his wand at Hagrid, his intentions clear. "Hand it over, Hagrid. This creature is dangerous."

"No, Tom, yeh don' understand," Hagrid protested, his voice filled with desperation. "Aragog wouldn' hurt anyone!"

Tom's expression hardened. "I'm afraid you leave me no choice."

He raised his wand, ready to cast a spell, when a large spider, Aragog, scuttled out of the box. Tom aimed his wand at the spider, but before he could cast a spell, I felt a powerful force pulling me away from the scene.

"HAGRID! HAGRID! HAGRID!!!!!" I shouted, trying to warn him, but my voice seemed to fade into the void.

In an instant, I was back at my desk in the Gryffindor common room, the diary lying closed in front of me. My heart was pounding, and my hands were shaking. The memory had ended abruptly, but the implications were clear. Tom Riddle had framed Hagrid for the opening of the Chamber of Secrets, and Hagrid had been hiding a giant spider named Aragog.

I needed to tell Y/n what I had discovered. The truth about Hagrid, Aragog, and Tom Riddle had to be revealed. With a sense of urgency, I grabbed the diary and rushed out of the common room, my mind racing with thoughts of what to do next.

Y/n's POV

After Harry recounted everything to me, a realization hit me like a thunderclap. "Hey, Harry!" I called out, but before I could finish, Professor McGonagall intercepted, her voice urgent.

"The Quidditch match has been canceled. Potter, Weasley, you need to come with me," she said briskly, her tone leaving no room for argument.

"May I come too, Professor?" I asked, puzzled by her urgency.

"I suppose so, Ms. Malfoy, since she's your friend too," McGonagall replied, her eyes darting between us with concern.

We followed Professor McGonagall through the corridors of Hogwarts, my mind racing with questions and fears. What was so urgent that it required cancelling the Quidditch match? As we approached the hospital wing, a sinking feeling settled in the pit of my stomach.

"Hermione!" I exclaimed as we entered the hospital wing.

There she lay, motionless and pale, her eyes wide open but unseeing. Hermione Granger, my loyal friend and fellow Gryffindor, had been petrified. The sight sent a wave of shock and fear through me. How could this have happened? What dark force was at work in Hogwarts?