[DELATED] Volume 01 -- Chapter 01 "Her Voice Resides..."

Rating: Mature

Wattpad Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence, Major Character Death, Rape/Non-con, Underage

Categories: F/M, Multi

Fandoms: The Beginning After the End -- TurtleMe (WebNovel)

Relationships: Alice Leywin/Reynolds Leywin, Alduin Eralith/Merial Eralith, More to be Added...

Characters: Arthur Leywin | Grey, Tessia Eralith, Virion Eralith, Alduin Eralith, Merial Eralith, Elijah Knight, Sylvia, Sylvie, More to be Added...

Additional Tags: Alternate Universe -- Canon Divergence, Dark Arthur Leywin, BAMF Arthur Leywin, BAMF Tessia Eralith, Vampires -- Freeform, Monsters, Magic, Mana, Realism, War, Aether, Arthur Leywin is less Grey, More Tags to be Added...

Language: English (Not Native Speaker)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear gripped my heart as I glanced around, wondering how could I let myself lose control.

I lowered my head, staring at my pale palms and ignoring the dulled reflection of my face on the sword's cracked surface. 'How?' I wanted to ask aloud as the hunger subsided and was replaced by a sudden urge to throw up...

I couldn't bear myself to glance at Sylvie or Tess. I was too ashamed and shocked.

After some moments of complete silence —except for the beating hearts, fastened breathing and burning fire—, I raised my head and stared at the countless stars that my enchanted vision allowed me to see clearly even with the light pollution, and I wondered why. I felt my eyes burn as tears threatened to come, but I closed my eyes, not letting myself be seeing this pathetic.

That's when I noticed —I sensed— the faraway coming of two entities. Two powerful entities... I tasted ionized air on my tongue and a swift change in temperature.

And I closed my eyes... So, they finally sent some help. Ha...

||Arthur Leywin||

Sitting in silence was the only thing that Arthur could do after returning to school. It had been a couple of hours since he took a seat here, under the cover of a tree shade. His ocean-blue eyes never left the silvery identification tag of the girl he couldn't save despite his best efforts.

'Alea Triscan — Aureate'

It still held some dried blood despite Arthur's struggle to clean it.

Her blood...

He couldn't bring himself to smile nor feel anything but sadness as his eyes lingered close to the tag. Arthur wondered about the what-ifs situations. What if he had been there sooner? What if he hadn't been so hurt from his dungeon adventure? What if... What if... But in the end, thinking about what could have been only darkened his mood.

He had been there. He had tried everything to help her ease her pain, to be with her at her dying moments —but it ached all the same. Arthur could still feel her weak grasp on his hand, see her soft smile despite the pain she was in, and hear her cries in vain when she knew that her fate was sealed.

'I always thought that I didn't need anyone... as long as I was strong enough. I never had a family or lover... to depend on... but you know? I- I really don't want to die alone right now...'