I'm Just Worried

Wes was helping around the office when he suddenly bumped into Deb. The banh of the gun rang in his head and he slipped off into a daze of fear.

"Wes? Wes, are you ok?" Deb asked frantically. Wes shot back to reality, hearing Deb's voice.

"Yeah, yeah," Wes muttered. He couldn't look Deb in the eyes. Just knowing she killed him... it was unnerving. But the Deb he knew wouldn't do that right? She wouldn't kill him. He looked up a bit. 

"So, Wes, I was thinking of heading to that new coffee place for lunch. Would you like to join me later?" Deb adjusted her glasses.

"Oh, um, sure," Wes said. His heart was fluttering with joy but his mind was racing. What if she was planning to kill him there? Or something worse! Was he to listen to his heart or his head? Which was right? He sighed watching Deb turn and walk off. He headed toward his office to get some deadlines in but he just couldn't focus. It was nagging at him. The entire thing. Deb. The gun. His death. He sat there, hands holding onto the sides of his head, staring at his paperwork.

"Hey!" Nelson snapped. Wes jumped up.

"Nelson! Buddy! I didn't know you'd be coming!" Wes smiled a fake smile.

"I just wanted to check up on you. You've seemed a little on edge lately. And you usually get your paperwork in far before the deadline. That one is due before lunch!" He pointed toward the paper Wes had been staring at. 

"I'm sorry Nelson. I- I've been under a little stress from the last injection," Wes said.

"Well, get to it. We have a business to run and you need to stay on guard or this whole company will fall to the ground," Nelson ordered. He walked out of the room and Wes sighed. Nelson was right. He had to stop worrying and get on his A-game.