Sick

Y/N was out with her friends, celebrating her friend's graduation. It had been a while since she had a night out because of all the stress she's been feeling with all of her own college finals.

Y/N got a phone call from Johnny. Which was weird because he usually called Mark if he needed anything. She answered, despite being a little tipsy.

"Yes, John? Did you need something?"

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I don't mean to bother you but Mark has been having a fever for the last 4 hours or so and is being stubborn. He refuses to go see a doctor. I was wondering if you'd be able to convince him."

"Thank you for letting me know, Johnny. I'll give him a call"

She hung up the phone and immediately called her boyfriend. He was always stubborn like this but there was always times that she could get through to him, even if no one else could. She was his weakness.

Mark answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Johnny just called me" She answered back to him in a quiet somber voice.  By this, he knew he was going to hear it all from his girlfriend.

"Babe, i'm fine. I really am, this fever has nothing on me. I took some medicine so i'll be fine in a couple hours. Don't worry about me, have fun with your friends." He reassured her. But she most definitely did not believe him. His voice was hoarse and she knew better than anyone when he was sick.

"I really really really don't believe you right now. Make sure to call me if you need anything, okay?" She said to him and he  agreed. Ending the call there.

She went back to her friends, gathering up all her stuff.

"Hey you guys, thank you for a lovely night. I have an emergency so i'll have to leave early. I'm sorry! But congratulations, again. Love you guys!"

She made her way to the dorms. She knew her boyfriend was always the type to act like he was okay. But she saw the vulnerable sides of him no one else did. She could tell when he was less strong than he showed.

She got to the door and rang the doorbell. Johnny opened the door and greeted her. "Hey, Y/N. I didn't know you were going to come. He's in the room if you're here to talk to him."
"Thank you, Johnny" She said rushingly as she made her way to Mark's room.

*knock knock*
"Come in"
The minute he saw her, his face lit up.

"hehe hi y/n" Mark said while forcing a smile.
Y/N walked to him and smacked him in the arm. "Are you serious right now, Mark? Do you know how sick you look right now? Why are you not going to the hospital!"
He stayed silent. Not knowing how to respond to her.

There was an awkward silence in the room. Until y/n finally spoke up.
"Look-" She began as she took a seat on his bed.
"Im sorry, i shouldn't have come in yelling at you. But you really don't look good."

Mark grabbed her hand and held it in between his.
"I know, y/n. But i promise you that I look worse than how I really feel. i don't want to waste a trip to the doctors just for them to give me some medicine I can already take here. I'm honestly a little too lazy for that" he chuckled and for a split second he saw her lips curve up.

"Can you look at me really quick, please?" Mark said to her.
She hesitantly turned her head towards Mark and they held eye contact.
"I just don't want anything happening to you" She said in a quiet voice as her eyes started to stray away from his.

"Let's make a deal, okay? I just took medicine literally right before you got here. Let's give it an hour or two and if i'm feeling worse, i'll go to the doctor. Deal?"
She really wanted to just say no. Take him then and there. But she also knew that she could trust Mark. He was more than capable of making his own decisions, it's just that she couldn't help but worry. But nevertheless, she gave in.

"Okay." Y/n replied back.