Scared

"you don't have to go if you don't want to, y/n. it's already crazy enough that you're even considering going" Chanmi said as she was folding her clothes.

"I know... But I already told them I would be there, how would i look if i didn't keep to my word, hmm?" y/n replied. She was scrolling through her closet trying to find something formal to wear.

"i know but i'm just saying. I hate seeing you upset and i really just can't believe his actions" the girl halted folding her clothes and just stared at Y/N

Mark's parents were opening up a new restaurant and their grand opening was today. They've talked about it for so long and now it was really happening. The only issue was that she had a very big argument with Mark last night and it wasn't a normal argument that they'd have from time to time.

*flashback*
Y/N came to visit mark at the dorms since she hasn't seen him for a while. It's literally been an entire week and she was getting worried. He'd answer her text messages here and there but they were so bland. She was really overthinking everything and just wanted everything to be okay already.

*knock knock*
"come in" Mark answered

Y/N opened the door to Mark sitting at his desk writing lyrics. Upon seeing his girlfriend enter through the door his eyes went wide. He turned fully to face her.

"babe uh...what are you doing here?"

"well i came to see my boyfriend who i haven't seen in a while." she replied as she went and found her usual space on the side of the bed. Sitting while facing him.

"You know, it's crazy Mark. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah uhm you know like- why wouldn't it be?" Mark replied as he scratched his head.

The girl wasn't oblivious to his actions. She knew when he was hiding something and it hurt her to know he was. A relationship is based on communication and trust after all, isn't it?

She bit the inside of her cheek and stared at Mark before gesturing him to come closer, which he did. but his eyes didn't wonder into hers as they usually did, they drifted down to his hands. They were now sitting right in front of each other and she spoke.

"Could you look at me for a second?" she said as her two hands went and cupped his cheeks to bring his face up.

"What's wrong? There's obviously something wrong and i would like it if you told me so i'm not left in the dust while you're struggling alone. I care about you a lot, just please... talk to me"
At these words he could feel the waterworks but tried to compose himself.

"I uhm" he started off
"something happened y/n and i could not find the words to tell you. Every time i tried to face you i backed out and didn't know how to."

y/n scrunched her brows as she stared intently at his face. Not really knowing what to say next. There was a slight silence between them as she tried to find her words.

"is it uh- is it bad bad? you didn't cheat on me, did you?" she said the last part jokingly because she knew he wasn't like that. But she expected him to reply and let her know he didn't. All he did was stare at her while his hands went back to fumbling with each other in his lap. from his actions, she immediate removed her hands from his face and backed away.

"Mark...tell me you're joking" her eyes started to tear up a little but she wiped them away. and he still didn't answer.

"mark! are you for real right now?" she exclaimed