For You

"Hey y/n, what do you think of this coffee table. you think it'd match the living room? Chenle asked as they were hanging out in the living room.

"Hmmm, i honestly think a lighter brown would match more." y/n replied as she focused in on the screen.

"Cause look-" she started off as she got up to visually show where'd the table be.
"If you put it here - which is the only place cause it won't fit anywhere else. It'll match the wall more and overall make the room look brighter.

"That makes sense. Okay i'll get that one then." Chenle replied as his eyes went back to his phone.

"What would we do without you, y/n the home decor woman" Chenle remarked. As they both came to a laugh.

Without noticing, Mark had came up behind y/n and engulfed her in a hug.

"Aigh" y/n pulled her arms to her chest and crossed them there. "Don't do that, Mark! you nearly scared the shit out of me" Y/n said as she lowered her hands and removed herself from his grip.

"I missed you though" Mark said with a pouty face.

"Ugh, get a room you two. There are people around" Chenle said as he perked up from his phone.

"You're literally the only one here. But whatever you say, your highness" Mark replied as he dragged y/n to the kitchen.

"Did you want anything to drink?" Marked asked y/n as he headed off to the kitchen first, letting go of her hand he was holding.

He didn't notice her follow him. As he was looking through the fridge, she wrapped her arms around him.
"I'm okay, love. Chenle and I got something to drink while you were on your way home." she said as she rested her head on his back.

Mark chuckled and turned around to hug her back. They both shuffled their feet to the counter where he gently lifted and placed her on. He set himself in between her legs.

"Wow and you didn't even get me anything?"
She laughed and kissed him as her hands went and wrapped around his neck.

Mark's own hands came and rested on her waist.

"How was practice today? you look exhausted"

There was no answer. She knew that he had a rough day today. Haechan had called Chenle a while ago and hold him everything that happened.

Although she knew something happened, she didn't know what. she wanted to hear it from him. For him to be able to express how he felt, instead of others telling him. He wasn't much of an open person but they both promised to work on it.

Her own hands came to touch the hair by his nape and tame it down.

"How about we go for a late night snack mhm? We can take a little walk and talk" Although y/n knew he was exhausted, going to sleep was not an option. He always kept his worries to himself and it was draining on him.

He had seemed so out of it he didn't even hear her.
"Babe?" one of her hands came to his jaw and lifted his face up. Causing him to look into her eyes.
"Did you hear me?"
"Oh yeah, let's go. Come on" He replied cheerfully.

She paused and just stared at him for a moment before giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Okay, let's go."

He lifted her off the counter and they both made their way out of the kitchen. Him following closely behind her.

"Chenle, we'll be back! Want anything from the store?" Mark yelled to him since he moved into his room.

"No, i'm good. Be safe son" he yelled back and
y/n smiled at his response.

They left and entered the elevator together. As soon as the doors closed, she immediately embraced him and started talking.

"I know today was a rough day for you. I don't want you to talk about it if you're not ready yet. But i want you to remember that i'm always going to be here for you. i'll always be here to listen to what you have to say. you never have to take on anything by yourself because i'm here with you."

From these words alone, he felt her deepest sincerity. Almost breaking down but he held himself together.

"i love you a lot and with that, i'm here to help you through life hardships. Don't ever forget that." She finished and looked up to him.

She could see that his eyes were watery. So she unwrapped her hands from him and brought them up to his face. Lightly wiping away the moisture in his eyes.

They made eye contact and the elevator door opened to reveal a staff member outside. They both quickly said their hellos and walked out of the building.

They walked hand in hand on the sidewalk with silence. Comfortable silence because there was never a time it was strange to be in silence with one another.

"Thank you" Mark said as they kept on walking.

"Thank you for loving me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for everything you do. I live my life everyday to the fullest because you're by my side."

She couldn't help but wrap her arms around his and snuggle closer to him as they continued walking.

"I promise i'll explain everything to you tomorrow. For now, i just want to enjoy some time with you." He said looking down to her.

She looked up and stared at him.
"That's fine, baby. Take your time."

He bent down to kiss her and whispered to her, "I love you"