Drinks

Marquise about to leave his club was stopped when something hit him. He quickly turned to find a woman looking behind her. With quick reflexes, he caught her. After a moment of waiting for impact she opened her eyes. She was stunning, wavy dark brown hair, big doe green eyes.
After a moment she muttered, "Oh Shit..." She stood up on her own and turned away from him scanning the crowd, he was baffled by her behavior. She turned back and said,"You're tall, can you see a big, 6'3 angry man looking around?"
"You okay?" Marquise asked worries about this woman being chased.
"Are you referring to the falling, or the ugly bitch trying to start a fist fight?" The woman boldly and calmly asked.
"You're awfully calm for a woman running from a violent man." He joked.
"I'm not scared of him, I'm scared that I'll kicked out if I beat his ass. I came here to drink and have a nice time. If I wanted to fight someone there are much better places to go."
Marquise was stunned. This woman had an unexpected attitude. She looked so... innocent.
"Need help?" He asked slightly amused.
"Ummm if I stay with you, do you think he would drop it and leave me alone?" She curiously asked.
"Probably..." He replied not knowing where this is going.
"Ok, wanna get a drink at the bar with me? I'll pay." She offered. He was stunned. Often women ask him to pay for drinks, automatic red flag. Not even starting a relationship yet and already trying to use his money. Yet here this bold and beautiful woman was, offering to pay for him. Why not? He thought. So he smiled and nodded. She grabbed his hand to lead him. She paused and looked around. "Okay you're gonna have to lead cause I am lost and have never been here before." She said lightly laughing.
He led the way, his hand still in hers."You new around here...?" He asked as she sat down.
"Candace" she told him with a polite smile. "Well, kind of. I grew up in this area but it's been a while. Been back six months." She replied as she flagged down the bartender. "Can I have a glass of whiskey on the rocks?" She asked then turned to him.
Eyebrows raised he ordered the same.
"Hard liquor." He commented.
"Yeah, my dad drinks scotch and whiskey. I guess I picked that up from him. Genetically or just being around him so much." She answered.
"You close with your dad?" He asked interested.
"Yeah, my mom and I never got along. It ended up just being me and my dad. He worked a lot but always made time to spend with me and go to school events. He really cared about me you know?" She said. Marquise noticed a sparkle in her eye as she talked about her father. "What about you? What's your family like...?" She asked being genuine. This was something Marquise doesn't experience a lot. Usually when people asked about his family they had... other motives.
Enjoying her company he answered honestly, "Marquise. Well my father passed six years ago, those cigars he loved finally caught up with him, it wasn't anything sudden so it wasn't some big thing that I didn't see coming. My mom is the sweetest and most virtuous woman you could meet. She made sure I ended up good and not disrespectful." He turned to her expecting pity. But she just looked at him attentively listening to him. Like she... cared.
"I'm sorry about your father, the way you talked about him and your mother was sweet." She smiled. "I bet you were a momma's boy." She joked taking another sip of her drink. He chuckled and did the same.

They chatted for a while, really enjoying each others company. Till Marquise did something, maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was just her, but he kissed her.