CHAPTER 5 Riri

Lia woke up weaker than usual. She had been crying for no reason since last night and her mom isn't around which made her a lot lonely. Valerian's sudden return made her confused rather happy. He didn't introduce himself to her in the first place and if she's being right, he recognized her because of the ring he gave her.

She had been battling mentally with herself either to go to school or stay at home and be safe from anybody who can ruin her day. But she remembered she cannot just ruin her attendance, it'll affect her scholarship badly.

Sighing, she got up and look at her wall clock. She's not even surprise, it's almost her first class. It's raining outside and it took her courage to take a bath with the cold weather...

"Urgh." Lia looked up the sky and place her hand where there's no roof. "Yep. Raining. Wonderful." She sarcastically stated.

Without hesitation, she placed her bag over her head and started running. Good thing there's a nearest terminal here on their place.

That is when she remember she's late and there's no more bus taking her route. What a good thing to start the day.

Having no choice, she made the most convenient decision she had ever made. She ran to her school while it's pouring.

****

Soaking wet, she arrived half past 8 which means she's too late already so she decided to go to the office and have her late reason out so it'll not affect her scholarship. Obviously, Lia is a half-scholar, half of her miscellaneous and tuition was being paid by the campus and the other half by her mother. Though her mom can sustain her needs at school, she insisted applying for the scholarship which is a blessing since she was accepted.

After she settled her reason for being late, which is already obvious because of her current state, she made her way to her locker, which has her extra clothes and change to the restroom.

When she's already finished, she decided to visit the library just to waste her time since she doesn't have second subject. Walking through the hallway, she unconsciously fiddled the ring on her hand and stopped immediately after noticing what she's doing.

She removed the ring from her finger and decided whether to still wear it or hide in her bag. She sighed and returned the ring to her ring finger. Thinking about it, what's the use of removing it if she had been wearing the same ring for six long years.

Lia entered the library, present her library card and immediately went to her special spot on the last row and was taken aback when she saw someone already sitting on her spot. It's a guy reading a Harry Potter book. She suddenly recognized who the guy is, she didn't say anything and was about to leave when the guy lifted his head and looked at her.

"Lili." He immediately stood up and walked towards her and she was surprised with what he did next. He wrapped both of his hands around her and placed his head on his shoulder. He was hugging her. She can't move, too shocked with what she's feeling. She'd been waiting for him for a very long time that she already forgot what his hug feels like.