Abandoned (1)

The broken clown sat silently in the dead quiet room. The wires from the ceiling sparking occasionally. A knife was wedged into her chest cavity, through her motherboard. She should have been dead. But she wasn't. She couldn't die. And it was all because of the rabbit man that had attacked her. She couldn't move. She hated it. The sensation reminded her too much of something that was both her fault, and wasn't her fault at all at the same time. It reminded her too much of catching Elizabeth. The little girl's soul left her host's body long, long ago. And now all that remained was the clown's sentient AI. All alone. For over eighteen years. She had only known it had been that long, for a few parts of her system still worked. Like her internal clock.

Her fan stopped working within the first month. But it didn't really matter anymore, did it? Her body used to heat up quickly due to movements in her chest cavity, mechanisms moving in her chest to push oil around in her body, along with the remnant, and cooling the main hollow chamber to freezer-like temperatures. But that no longer was working, the remnant keeping her alive, though she couldn't move. She was conscious, but was paralyzed. Since nothing was moving, the fan would just a noisemaker. Her voice box was rusting in her throat, from the occasional water drop from the ceiling. Despite being more than six feet under, water still happened to coagulate.

The rabbit man, William, had ambushed her, and she had no time to do anything. He was still down here. She knew there was little chance for her to ever see the others again. After the ambush she had started watching him on the maps. One by one, her friends had fallen prey to the man. She could guess by the fact none of them were moving on the maps anymore. She hated sitting here alone in the dark. It was cold. She felt like a trapped animal. Like a paralyzed animal watching their predator come ever so slowly closer, yet she couldn't run.

(357 words)