Sleeping Arrangements (1)

"You take the bed, and I'll get the couch." I told the other woman. "No, this is your apartment, you should get the bed, Circus." The other woman argued. "Your the guest here Ballora, you get it." I argued back.

The other woman had her blue hair up in a messy bun. She wore a white T-shirt and some khaki colored shorts. Her eyes faintly glowed like mine, but her's were a deep, hypnotic purple. Currently they flared with stubbornness. I had to look down to make eye contact with her, but that's just because I'm taller than most people.

"How about you two idiots stop arguing about the bed, and BOTH sleep in it? You're both women, it's not like one of you is a guy." Scrap piped up from the kitchen. Both me and Ballora's faces flushed lightly with that proposition. "I d- don't even know why your here, Liz." I muttered to my sister.

"I came for bread. You get the good bread that Lefty likes." Scrap answered, throwing some money on the counter. "Can't you two just get your own?" I asked. "Nah, taking it from my sister is easier, goodbye~!" She said, and left the apartment, loaf of bread in hand.

I leaned over to the bedside lamp and turned it off. " 'Night Ballora." I said. "Goodnight." The other woman replied from the other side of the bed. I sat there, with my eyes closed, mind racing. Listening to Ballora's breathing, slowing down progressively with deeper sleeping stages rolling over her.

I sighed after a few moments, and opened my eyes again. I couldn't sleep with how fast my mind was racing. I heard Ballora grumble, and felt her roll over and wrap her arms around me. I stiffened, and felt my face flush. She nestled her head in the nook of my neck, and went still after muttering the word "Warm." Into my neck.

I slowly flipped over to face her. She was incredibly cold. But she was always like that. I wrapped my arms around her, getting drowsy.

(344 words)