18

Benny's POV:

     The plan the guys, Wendy, and I came up with seemed a bit far fetched. Somehow convincing Y/n to get on the Ferris wheel and I switch with Wendy seemed like it would be difficult, but it was a lot easier than expected. Once Wendy left the line, I sprinted my way to the front. The guys cheering was mixed in with the people cussing me out for cutting in front of them. However, I successfully made it next to Y/n and now we were at the top of the Ferris wheel together, sitting in silence.

     Y/n sat staring at me with a look of bewilderment and anger. I cleared my throat, once, twice and I found myself struggling to get any words out. I had a whole apology speech prepared and the moment I locked eyes with Y/n, it was all forgotten.

     It took one round for us to be at the top again, when I finally spoke up and said, "Hi."

     Y/n coughed out a laugh, "Really? That's all you're going to say," She shook her head and crossed her arms, only making sure to look in front of her.

     I sighed, "Look Y/n. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I've been such a jerk to you ever since you got here."

     The only response I got was a "hmm" accompanied by an eye roll.

     "It has nothing to do with you. You're perfect," that earned me a quick glance and I internally cringed at myself but just continued talking, "Me being a jerk had everything to do with me. I've grown up with the guys. I've grown up only being interested in baseball, so of course I didn't know how to act when you moved here and started to hangout with us. You even know how to play ball!"

     "Is this going anywhere?" She asked.

     "Right right," knots formed in my stomach for what I was about to say, "I like you Y/n."

     She whipped her head around and stared at me with wide eyes, "What?"

     "I like you," I repeated and then the word vomit began, "You make me...nervous. My face heats up when we're close and- and you give me butterflies when we make eye contact. You make me feel things that I haven't before so I didn't know how to act. It sounds weird...but I didn't like the feelings because I never had them before, so...I lashed out at you. I thought- I thought it'll make them go away, but they never did," I suck in a breath, "I really like you. I didn't mean to be mean and I definitely did not mean to make you feel like you don't belong in the group. We all really enjoy having you around. I understand if you don't like me back, it makes sense, but at least hangout with us again. We all miss you. We'd be happy to welcome you back."

     I look at Y/n as she's processing what I said and my heart raced with anticipation.

     "I- don't know what to say," She said, her face flushed with red.

     "I mean...you don't really have to say anything. I just really needed to tell you this and I knew there was no other way to talk to you?" I shrug.

     Y/n blinked, "Was Wendy in on this?"

    "Um yeah. Me, her, and the guys came up with this together," I explain, "But don't be mad at Wendy. The guys and I just didn't know what to do. We basically convinced her to plan with us."

     Y/n sat back and was silent for a moment, "I just don't understand."

     "I just wanted to say sorry Y/n. I really like you, but I know how I acted wasn't ok. I really just don't know how to be around you," I turned away sheepishly.

     "I accept your apology," she gave a small smile, "But...I don't know my feelings about you."

     "I get it. Will you be back to hanging out with us?" I asked.