Get your cameras out

"Do you really think there are. . . ghosts." Mals voice turned to a whisper on the last word.

"Are you fucking dumb?" Devon looked to his friend as though he had asked if his head was still on his neck.

"I've heard a lot of stories." Mal defended himself. Devon just shook his head and sighed.

"Their faking for content. We're going to do the same thing." Devon couldn't believe his friend was even entertaining the idea of afterlife.

Mal was the kind of guy to send a Facebook post to 15 people so he didn't have a bad day like the post said he would if he scrolled past.

"Then why go!" Devon glanced at his friend before turning back to his phone.

"Let's just go pick up the equipment." Devon mumbled as he stared down at the gps map.

The two were on their way to a 'shop' that was really just some middle aged mans basement.

Apparently he was a 'paranormal scientist'. Devon called bullshit. I mean there's not even a school for something like that.

This guy really thought he was helping out some "younger generation spirit hunters". Really he was doing a favor for the channel, make the video look real and all.

So they were going to pick up the needed equipment to make the video look authentic enough for some of the older audience.

The pairs BMW pulled up to it's stop, an average house with a childrens bike lying in the struggling grass that was the front yard.

After parking a bit down the road, they walked up the driveway and knocked at the ugly yellow door. A sweet looking woman opened the door, hands still enclosed in oven mitts.

When she saw the boys her smile dimmed the smallest bit but she remained polite.

"Would you two be here for Robert, right?" She opened the door wider and motioned for the two to follow her. They did as told and both said a quiet 'thank you'.

When they reached a closed door, the basement, the door opened hastily by a man who smiled when he saw what they assumed to be his wife.

"Hello, boys!" He looked from the boys back to the woman, "And thank you Terri."He gave a soft smile that she returned before walking off.

"Aha sorry, she's not a fan of the ghost stuff." He rubbed the back of his neck with a dirty hand. His hair was a light brown, gray winding up with it.

His shirt collar was ruffled and his pants were wrinkled poorly. A pair of reading glasses barely hung on to his pointed nose and dust clouded off of him.

"C-come on down," He led Devon and Mal down a set of creaky wood stairs to a dim lit room with dirt floors and paint chipped beyond imagination.

They both took in the room, Mal holding back a cough. Wires, bolts, tools, pieces of unidentifiable machinery, and anything else was piled high on every surface.

Cardboard boxes on their last legs were stacked up each wall, ripped and stained. Devon was waiting for them to fall and finish off the mess.

"So, I-I know we talked a bit over the phone, but, um, what were you thinking of borrowing." The man, Robert, asked as he franticly grabbed things on different tables and moved them to other piles of junk.

"We were thinking you could just show us some stuff and we would pick what looks good." Devon casually explained.

"Yeah, yeah! Of course." Robert whippeed around to the pair and dropped whatever was in his hand, then scrambling to pick it up and toss it on one of many tables.

"I think you'll like this over here." Robert gestured to a couple hunks of metal. Mal just nodded along like he knew what was going on.

"This is what us ghost hunters call 'The Proton Pack'." He hauled the metal backpack off the table and put it on to show it off.

"You just-," Robert spun around like a dog chasing its tail untill he caught a handheld pipe that wound back to the metal boulder.

"Hold this," He paused, out of breath "This is the Neutrona Wand, or for fun, The Partical Thrower." He pointed the pole at the boys.

Devon thought it looked like that thing you can put on your vacuum, the thing used for stairs. But he wasn't about to question something he didn't really care about in the first place.

"The thing on my back is the Partical Accelerator. That powers the system and holds potential spirits." The man looked so excited to share his work.

The whole device looked like something straight out of Walking Dead. Wire tangles coming from every square inch and awkward metal chunks popping out from random spots.

"Oh and this," Robert said excitedly, yanking something from another table.

"This is the PKE Meter!" The man stated with a proud smile. Devon and Mal had no reaction, they didn't know what that was and Devon wasn't thrilled to find out.

"You use this to know when spirits are around, they can hide. Nothing worse than being snuck up on by a goul." Robert laughs.

It was a little metal handheld device with three glowing pink prongs. He shoved it into Devons hand before stepping back with a proud grin.

"Those three pink things will spin around when a spirit gets near." He explains. Mal and Devon nod along, the latter trying to hand the device back.

———————————————

Yes I'm using og ghostbusters tech