Sweaters

Leo hadn't missed Devon but he did miss the small amout of warmth he brought.

So when Leo heard the obnoxious footsteps enter the house, he had a guess who had come.

"Why do you keep coming here?" Leo doubted he sounded scary with a quiet voice.

"Just to see you." Devon said with a small smile, Leo frowned.

Leo still wore what he was wearing when Devon had left, a red hoodie and black sweats. But the bottoms of his pink socks had turned brown.

"Why though?" Leo questioned further but Devon just shrugged and put his things down. He had brought a lot more with him than last time.

"How long are you planning on staying?" Leo grumbled when he saw the bags of things.

"U-um- I have enough to stay for a week or two. But I'll leave when you tell me to."

Leo nodded, that was okay with him if he brought more stuff for the ghost. And boy did he.

Leo asked where Devon got all this money but he brushed off the question with a "I'm an. . . influencer."

Devon had brought a real matress with him and took the old one. He also put a set of drawrs against the wall. It almost looked like a normal room, other than the wrecked walls and ever present smell of decaying wood.

But when Devon started putting things in the drawers, Leo stepped in.

"What it all this stuff?" Leo asked and tried to look over Devons shoulder.

"Just some clothes. . . and stuff to do till my next visit." Leo wasn't sure how he felt about the implied next trip.

"I have clothes." Leo gestured to his clothed self and Devon laughed a little.

"You need more than one outfit, Leo," Devon said and turned back to filling the drawres.

Leo frowned. He didn't know how to feel. But the fruniture and clothes made him feel normal. Not how he used to in 1623 when he was 16. He felt like a modern teen.

Leo thinks he sort of melted when he saw the case for coin colecting. the smooth wood and velvet insides that hugged each of his coins.

But he brought a lot of things. Sometimes Leo felt overwhelmed, but mostly he felt like he was getting to be normal and he loved it.

He would casually hand things to Leo as he unpacked more things and later would have to explain what it was. Leo really liked the 'snowglobe'.

Leo saw Devon smile when he bounced on his feet, seeing the many pairs of fun socks Devon had brought.

It was less fun when halfway through, Devon made them stop so he could teach Leo how to clean his clothes and floors.

But Devon had brought many more blankets saying he was taking the old ones to wash them back home. Leo didn't mind, the smell of Devon on them reminded him of the warmth of being human.

"Do you like your things?" Devon asked with a soft smile. Leo held his hands behind his back and bounced on his feet.

"Yes." You could hear the smile in the ghosts voice. Devon had brought a lot of new things and Leo wondered why he had them laying around.

Leo even had his own drawer for these things called 'fidget toys' and he loved them. One thing Leo noticed was that Devon had taken to ruffling his hair. But Leo would deal with it if it meant more socks.

Eventually Devon insisted he needed to clean the ghost again and after a lot of grumpy mumling, Leo let him.

He was being much more touchy than he had been last time but Leo let him. If he could have another 'fidgit spinner' he would let Devon take ten minutes to clean his chest.

Leo thought modern fassion was weird. Humans wore such little clothing. Devon explained that it was because of something called Climate Change and it's a lot hotter then when Leo was alive.

But Leo could say the blankets felt better in small shorts. Devon also gave Leo another big sweatshirt that smelled like human. Leo was starting to like the sent, he found it almost comforting.

And when it was late at night, they got into bed. Devon held Leo tight, sliding his hand up his hoodie to lay it on his stomach rather than on top of the fabric.

"Good night," Devon mumbled tiredly and Leo hummed. He loved this. Not really Devon but his warm hands and human smell made Leo feel like he was breathing again.

When Devon woke up he shoed Leo off from the room and Leo left, taking a spinner with him.

"Oh the human is deffently a sugar daddy," Anna nodded towards Leo and Kale looked over before laughing.

"What are you wearing?" Kale asked through a chuckle.

"Devon says its the newest fasion." Leo replied confidantly and Kale smiled. He loved knowing what was popular.

"Sugar daddy," Anna said again and Leo frowned down at his little toy, spinning the purple blades slowly.

"He's just a nice human friend." Leo told them. Anna clearly didn't belive Leo but dropped it to listen to Kale talk about fasion.

Leo soon went back upstairs and opened the door to see a very red, out of breath, Devon sitting under a blanket.

"Why do you look like that?" Leo asked, coming closer. But he quickly stopped when he noticed a small penny on the floor. So he bent over and picked it up to add it to his collection, ignoring Devons dramatic panting.

"Fuck,"Devon whispered quietly but Leo still heard.

"What?" He asked and turned back around to face Devon.

"Oh I forgot to put shoes on," Leo pouted down at his muddy blue socks that had left dirt trails in the room.

"I'll clean up. Go hang out with your friends, I don't want to steal you." Devon said and Leo nodded, sliding on his own sneakers.