Never Go Back

This is a Jack Frost x Reader that a friend of mine - going by the pen name StarlitAlpha - wrote, and with her permission, I give it to you to read.

- / - / - / - / -

Snow.

Snow was always beautiful, but...

Snow reminded you of him.

The times you'd spent together, doing the activities the Guardian of Fun would come up with came to the front of your mind as you looked out the window at the snow.

Your brow furrowed slightly as conflicting feelings arose regarding the weather outside.

The snow was only bearable with him.

And you hadn't seen him in months.

Your friend, Jack, had been away on official guardian business and that's all you knew. Somehow, you knew he was still alive, because the snow continued to come, and every once in awhile, there was a snow day, but he had never stopped to stay hi to you, or spend time with you. And you would've been lying if you had said you weren't at least a little hurt, let alone worried.

~

You had met Jack on a chilly winter day, and not under the best pretenses. You hadn't exactly been in the best mood. School hadn't been the best, you were tired and completely done with the winter. It was wet, it was cold, and you were soaked thanks to the big snowflakes that fell from the sky.

Grumbling to yourself, you trudged towards home with your younger friend, Jamie, only half listening to him ramble about his day.

"Jack!" he suddenly cried, causing you to look up from your feet. You had heard him talk about his adventures with the infamous Jack Frost, but you didn't exactly believe him. Jack Frost was someone mothers told their children about to make sure they would dress warmly in the cold.

"Don't forget a hat and gloves! You don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose!" your mother would always say.

"Sure, Mom," you would laugh, grabbing your hat and gloves to please her, putting them on as you walked out the door.

"It's been awhile, how have you been?" you remember Jamie asking. You stared at the boy a year younger than you before looking at the empty air in front of him.

"Jamie, who are you talking to?" you ask.

"Her?" he answers after a moment, glancing behind him to look at you. "Oh, her name's (Y/n), she's a friend of mine."

"Jamie," you deadpan, giving him an 'I'm done with this nonsense' look.

"Oh, that's right, you can't see him," he chuckled, face palming.

"(Y/n), you know who Jack Frost is, right?" he asked.

"A myth?"

"(Y/n!)" he nearly whined, rolling his eyes. "He's not a myth, in fact he's standing right next to you."

"You've finally lost it, Jamie," you told him, brushing past him and continuing on your way home. Only moments later, you felt something cold hit the back of your head and you stumbled slightly. "JAMIE BENNETT!" you yelled, turning around to see the younger boy right behind you, but his gloves were as dry as ever. "... Where did that snowball come from?"

"Jack Frost," he said with a smug grin. You rolled your eyes, placing your hands on your hips and glared at the younger male.

"Jamie, I'm not in the mood for games. Why did you throw a snowball at me?" Despite his gloves being perfectly dry with no trace of snow, there was no other logical explanation as to where the snowball had come from. You two were the only people on the street currently.