Chapter 9

(Louis' POV) 

Gillian took a deep breath as she concluded her story, having her breath hitch in her throat. I looked toward the man on the ground, the man that ruined her life. I growled, standing up quickly.  

"L-Louis?" stammered Gillian, trying to compose herself.  

Towering over the unconscious Daniel, I proceeded to kick him in the stomach. Hard.  

"You. Are. An. Asshole." I emphasized each word with a hard kick.  

"Louis!" Gillian hopped up, trying to calm me by rubbing my arm. When I didn't stop, she gasped helplessly.  

All of a sudden, she hopped on my back, wrapping her legs around my waist and covering my eyes before leaning backwards. I grunted, attempting to steady myself.  

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, baffled, prying her hands off my eyes.  

"You wouldn't stop," she whispered, laying her head on my back.  

All the anger left as pity washed through me. Leaning back, she slid off me and hung her head, tears falling onto her cheeks.  

I held both of her hands in mine, catching her gaze. Looking down, a lump formed in my throat as I stared at the many scars scattered on her arm. I brought her arm closer to my face, gently pressing a kiss to each cut. 

"You're beautiful," I whispered, kissing one.  

"You're funny," I smiled, moving on to another.  

"You're kind." I continued, finally looking up to meet her gaze.  

"I'm sorry," mumbling, I dropped her hands from mine, thinking I had gone too far.  

Before I could say anything else, Gillian wrapped her hands around my neck, pressing her soft lips onto mine. Something inside of me burst as I pulled her closer to me, enveloping her in my arms. I moaned slightly as she tangled her fingers in my hair.  

A disgusted shriek echoed from the street, causing Gillian and I to break apart in surprise.  

"El?" 

Eleanor stomped up the stairs, gasping when she saw Daniel collapsed on the floor.  

"What the hell is going on here?" she asked, looking between Gillian and I.  

Anger flooded through me. "What are you doing here?" 

"I came to pick up Daniel. He said he would take me to a movie after this-" 

"You sent him here?" Gillian piped up, anger and concern for me clearly shown on her face.  

Eleanor glanced in her direction before continuing her glare at me. "Oh? And who is this?" 

"You leave her out of this. Get this bastard away from me," I growled, stepping forward menacingly.  

Eleanor smirked, before shouting a quick, "Hey!" 

Two men quickly scurried up the stairs, scooping up Daniel, and retreating back to the street. I snorted.  

"Did you expect me to knock him out cold?" 

She barked out a laugh before beginning her descent down the stairs. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she called out one last thing.  

"Oh, and have fun with your whore."

Shocked, I spun to Gillian, hoping she didn't hear our whole exchange. She did.  

Her face paled as she finally focused on me. "Who-who was that?" 

I buried my face in my hands. "My ex girlfriend," I mumbled.  

She breathed out a laugh. "Nice girl." 

"Gillian, don't you dare listen to her-" 

"No, no. She's right," Gillian looked down, rubbing her arms in the cold.  

Shaking my head, I whispered, "No, she's not," before I began to lead her back inside.  

Once we are back inside, I carefully lock the door, hesitating before I followed Gillian back to the living room.  

"Um, Gillian?" I ask, shifting uncomfortably.  

She sat down, looking at me confused. "Yes, Louis?" 

"Stay with me tonight." I chuckles at her shocked expression. 

"W-what?" 

"Stay with me tonight, please? I..." I came and sat beside her, looking straight into her eyes. "I really care about you Gillian. I know we only met yesterday, but I really don't feel right sending you back to that place..." I trailed off, trying to search for the right words. "Just, stay?" 

Gillian, looking conflicted, finally nodded hesitantly. "Okay, Louis. I'll stay." 

I grinned, pulling her in for a hug. "Why don't we get some of your clothes-" 

"Um..." she interrupted me, looking a bit embarrassed.  

"What is it?" 

"My clothes look like this," she gestured to her clothes now, which consisted of a skimpy outfit, basically a bathing suit.  

I contemplated, thinking of something we should do, before grinning widely.  

Gillian, who had been blushing, saw my face and flashed me a puzzled look. "What?" 

"We're going shopping!" 

__________________________________

0.0 I adore this fanfic so much; No words to describe.  btw Im going to extremes to try and update. 

~JennXx

Comment!

Vote!

Share!

Follow?

Mkay until next time, Bai ! (: