Part 2

I woke up to a loud crash outside my door.

I bolted out of bed and threw open the door, seeing a giant tree had crashed through the roof and into my hallway.

Realizing that the storm was still going, I threw on some clothes and leaped over the tree, running out the door to my neighbors house.

"Jamie, what's the matter?" My next door neighbor, Delia, asked.

"A-a tree. In my house." I stuttered, freezing.

Delia looked at my house and jumped when she saw the giant tree through the roof.

"Can I stay here for a while? Until the storm's over?" I asked.

"Of course dear," Delia ushered me inside.

"The power's been out for a while, so there isn't much to do, I'm afraid," Delia said, shutting the door.

"I'd really like to sleep if that's alright with you," I requested.

"Of course." Delia handed me a blanket and led me into the living room.

"Thank you so much" I said before laying down to sleep.

I felt her pat me on the shoulder before I drifted off to sleep.

----

A strange girl with short dark hair beckoned to me. "Come here," she said, floating ahead of me.

She led me into a cave that was so dark I couldn't see my hand in my face, yet I could see her. It was as if she was glowing.

The girl stopped suddenly, and motioned for me to come stand next to her.

I walked towards her and saw that she was standing by the edge of a shallow pond.

As soon as I was next to her, the girl's face turned vicious as she shoved me head first into the pond.

The pond was not shallow as it had looked, but it seemed to go on forever as I kept falling, farther and farther into the abyss, the only thing to hear the laughing of the cruel girl. Only feeling the weightlessness of falling through water, and seeing nothing at all.

------

I awoke with a start and saw that it was daylight again. The storm seemed to be over.

"Thanks Delia!" I called, letting myself out and going back home to assess the damage.

My house was completely wrecked, as we're others on my block.

I quickly grabbed my things; clothes, computer, toiletries, charger, phone etc. and stuffed them into a duffel bag. I also grabbed my baseball stuff from the mudroom on my way out.

"Bye," I muttered to no one as I locked the front door.

~~~~~

Okay, so it's basically just a boring chapter to start it, and it sucks I know, but whatever. I'll have another chapter up tomorrow.

Comment and vote 😘