𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

I felt bad about not updating properly. Two chapters in one day!

-

A small giggle echoed through the dark and cold area, like inside a room with no walls or ceiling but a floor that was wet. The giggle was quiet and hoarse, it was high pitched with a sense of childlike innocence that yearned for more laughter. This child had long silky black hair that cascaded on their slender shoulders and ended midway down their back, it was tied into two high pigtails with bouncy bangs, and fair skin with large dark-colored eyes.

The little girl would stand there whilst a boy lay on the ground, he'd appear every time he fell asleep as if it was something he was tethered to that kept him coming here every time he fell asleep. The young man had messy brown curls that were similar to his mother's, he had some discoloration on his skin, and he looked as if he was going to turn to ashes at the slightest touch.

The boy's eyes were dull of color, he looked like a lifeless void, and he laid there on the ground with his body that easily could've been mistaken for a dead animal carcass on the side of the road, he couldn't find himself getting up and he found his vision blurred as the child began to become four.

One little girl was on the left raven-haired child, she had boisterous and large orange curls that were falling down her shoulders and ended at their shoulder blades with her light green eyes staring him down like she was scooping the life out of him with just a single glance.

The other child was a boy with thin brown curls that were sprawled out on his forehead with his bright brown eyes peering down at the older boy who lay there on the ground like some decrepit gremlin.

The fourth child looked down at the young man with a look on his face that resembled disappointment as if he had felt something so revolting about the older person that made him feel this absolute pure disgust in the man. The boy had large curls that resembled the ginger girl, but it was the same color as the little boy's and their features were very similar in comparison.

The young man weakly laid there, struggling to breathe as if he had the weight of rocks in his lungs, he was just there like a sickly dog on his deathbed just praying to be euthanized and to be released from the pain and agony he was going through.

The children began to giggle, and their meek and quiet snickers would turn into full-on cackles of laughter that beat down the young man mentally almost making him shrink into a lesser life form that even a molecule had more of a livelihood in it.

The young man would soon close his eyes would cause the laughs to die down and the warm voice would be called out to him like the bite of a savory dessert during breakfast, the voice would find itself breaking down into this lesser form of just meekness and hoarseness that sounded like the aftermath of screaming from extreme torture.

The calling out for the young man wasn't for him but for his younger sister.

Elizabeth Aaliyah Afton

February 18, 1974 - February 18, 1983

Our sweet little girl is now in the Lord's good grace.

Michael Afton would stand there in a state of shock, unable to move from where he stood with the continuous loss of his memory of his locations; it seemed he was blacking out and teleporting to different places unable to comprehend the situation happening before him. There's an eeriness that hangs in the air around him, he finds himself looking down at these feet, the flooring changing from the cold floor of the funeral home to the grass, and then the carpeting of the living room with this look of lost and indifference.