New Wings - Pt.1 [fluff]

*I only actually wrote it because messessentialist asked, you pretty thing I'm so happy! So enjoy! ~Oh and pt.2 will probably be a smutt :3*

        Dean woke up from another nightmare and walk to the kitchen for water or whatever could make him sleep. Sam was in deep sleep, breathing so deeply Dean could hear him from the hallway.

            He stop before he get to the kitchen with the weak light of one lamp in the library. The usual lights from the computer room where not enough to show him there, so he stop walking and strained his eyes to see who was the shadow seated by the table.

            He could see Cas's blue eyes that had lights on his own, pointed down to something dark Dean couldn't quite see what it was. Cas had his coat in the table and his shirt all messed up and took Dean some minutes to understand what was Cas caressing.

            - Cas? — Dean called almost whispering. Castiel looked up and tried to cover his wings with his arms. Dean didn't dared to speak louder, seemed wrong to break the silence of that moment. — Are those your...? — Cas looked back at the few feathers in his lap.

            - Yes. — He answered briefly, looking a little sad.

            - Can I...? — Dean asked walking a little closer to him. Castiel moved his hands from the feathers, Dean could see even in the soft light he was blushing. Dean pulled the chair in the end of the table to sit almost in front of Cas. He moved his hand to the wings but stopped in the middle of the movement. — How can I... How can I see them? — Dean asked after some time, Cas looked him in the eye.

            - I can... Make them material, but is not very practical... - Dean noticed his clothes where messy because actually he had them out of his back where the wings where coming out.

            - Can I...? — He asked, his curiosity being stronger, he wanted to touch it, to know how it felt like. They looked beautiful, the few feathers left. Black, reflecting the light in a beautiful dark blue that made him wants to look at them forever. Where there was no feathers, looked like bones, covered in a dark skin that looked like silk. Dean leaned his hand slowly, Cas didn't stop him, so he touched the feather Cas was caressing before. Castiel closed his eyes, holding his breath, moving his chin up a little.  Dean stops the movement looking at Cas worried.

            - Did it hurt? — He asked worried and Cas opened his eyes.

            - No, it... - He was embarrassed and Dean still worried. — It felt good. — He blushed and looked away. Dean smiled, touching the feather again, Cas close his eyes once more. He caressed the feather that was softer than anything he had ever touched, it was more than any silk, and it was more than any human probably ever touched. He moved his hand carefully and softly from one feather to another, then to the soft skin covering the bones, that where even more than they looked, being not as soft as the feathers, but interesting, having muscles and being much like human skin, but it was a dark color that didn't look like any real color. It wasn't quite gray or black, but remind Dean a little of dark blue, but it wasn't that exactly. He touched the muscles and Cas hold his breath again. Dean watched his reaction, he seemed pleased, really pleased... Dean couldn't stop himself, he felt incredible pure touching Cas, a feeling he missed. He felt dark, he could feel the stain in his soul since he had the mark, and he didn't felt much cleaner before it either. But touching Cas' wings was even better than being in Purgatory, it wasn't a weird cold dark pure, it was really pure, heaven pure. Dean touched the articulation of the wing and Cas trembled the wings and his shoulders, making Dean smile, but he did not saw it. Dean played with the end of the wings in Cas' lap, soon finding out every little sensitive spot in not much time. They didn't see it past, the time. Cas trembled and moved himself not helping it, soon he had his wings more spread, Dean was closer to him, his shirt had fallen on the ground. Cas let his head bend to the side, not even bothering anymore in hiding how good that felt. He wasn't used to that, he had never made his wings material before, and sure he was used to them in his real form but they weren't touchable like that, they where pure light. And that felt different. Everything felt different in his human body, but that felt even more. And it wasn't like when he was caressing them, when he was touching his wings it was okay, but Dean touching his wings was different, and was getting him out of his mind. It reminded him a little of when he was human, the feelings, so intense. Dean wasn't even paying attention anymore. He was just enjoying how pure he felt, how soft Cas' wings where like. He didn't noticed what he was doing to the angel until he stopped his hand softly.

            - Dean... - Cas mumbled, he wanted to open his eyes and look at Dean, say something that made sense, but nothing inside his mind made sense, he couldn't form a sentence in his own mind, how could he even try to speak something. Dean stared at him silently, his hand in his wing, Cas' hand over his. The angel opened his eyes, that where a little more bright than usual, and stared at Dean. — I...

            - Okay. — Dean stops him, pulling his hand. Cas felt the miss of Dean's touch like it was a part of him, but didn't complained, only kept looking in Dean's eyes. Dean could see Cas looking into his soul, and he saw reflected in his eyes the stain he could feel now, he could see all the imperfections and bad choices he even made reflected in the angel's blue eyes, but that wasn't what Cas was seeing. All Cas could see was that shine, all that goodness behind the scars. He could always see that, since the first time he came to Dean in hell he could see, the righteous man, the beautiful soul of them all. He could see too, the little bit of grace he left, in what seemed to be so long ago, to fix all of those wholes, but there where many new ones he could not heal.

            - I'll go... I was going to get some water I... - Dean mumbled and got up, going to the kitchen in a hurry. He drank some water; he didn't actually want but kept him busy. He leaned against the sink and took a deep breath. He wanted that feeling again, that pure feeling he felt touching Cas. He would never admit, to anyone or himself, but it was not even about the wings. It was something more, he knew, he wanted to touch the angel's skin, feel his body and his heat, that one friend that was always there for him, even when he let Dean down, Dean wanted him. By his side, not only because he was useful. It felt right, it always did. But he wouldn't give in, no, it was not on him to change, he wouldn't admit. He walked back; he was going to past straight to his bedroom, but Cas was in the corridor, shirtless with his wings folded behind his back. They where actually weird, with no feathers, only folded bones and muscles. Cas had his arms crossed in his chest, trying to cover himself, it seemed. Dean stopped some steps away from Cas.

            - Dean. — Cas said, taking a step forward.

            - Cas. — Dean said not moving. Cas closed his eyes and took a deep breath, Dean didn't know what to do when he was surprised by Cas' lips on his. It took Dean no more than five seconds to throw all his denial away and push Cas against him by the waist, Cas relaxed a little, letting his hands slip to Dean's neck. Dean didn't need to touch Cas' wings to feel pure, he felt pure by having him in his arms, he felt pure for having his lips against his own, he felt pure.

            They took some time to split up, and when they did, they kept their arms around each other. Dean didn't dare to open his eyes and wake up, because he couldn't believe that was real. He couldn't even believe in himself, believe he actually gave up on the shit that stopped him from having Cas in his arms for so long. It didn't make sense, deny what he could feel in his heart, but he never gave time to that, to think about what he had lived all his life. But he did. And when he opened his eyes, Cas was there, watching him with his shiny blue eyes.

            - I didn't know you... - Dean started not knowing how to say next.

            - I didn't... I don't understand. — Dean laughed a little.

            -  Oh, fuck it. — Dean mumbled to himself confusing Cas. — I'm going back to bed; want to watch over me or whatever? — Dean asked. Cas smiled like a child.

            They laid together under the covers and Cas laid on Dean's shoulder, letting the wing where Dean could reach, in silence, and Dean caressed them until he fell asleep, in the first night in a long time with no nightmares.