10.

chapter ten: blow my cover

"WHY DO I   have to do it?"

"Because you do. Besides, it's my plan. Now dial!"

He groans and dials the number I wrote down for him.

"Hello?" Namjoon's groggy voice answers, and I try not to snicker or snort too loudly. Unfortunately, Jimin catches on and glares at me.

"Hello? This better not be a prank call. It's three in the morning."

'Go on'. I mouth to him and he rolls his eyes.

Clearing his throat, he goes through with what I wrote down.

"Ahem- um- Joonie! How could you not recognise me?" He asks, in the most shrill, feminine voice he could muster up.

"Ji-ah? Is that you? Baby, you do this all the time. It's a voice call, not a video one."

"Right, sorry. Well-uh I was just making sure you remembered the meeting tomorrow."

"Of course I do." He answers, sounding more awake. "Why do you ask?"

"Hurry up, Jimin, before he loses interest," I say through my teeth.

"Hold on, Joonie~" He puts the phone on mute before turning to me. "Nari, there is no way on this Earth that I am saying what you wrote down."

"Come on, Jimin. It only remains a few lines. It's not that hard. You've probably heard it from a few lucky women yourself if I'm not mistaken."

He looks away in embarrassment and I realise what I'd just said. "Jimin."

He doesn't answer, getting redder and redder by the minute.

That's when I burst out laughing.

"Okay, no need to rub it in!"

"I-I'm sorry, i-it's just-" I wipe away a stray tear. "You looked so bewildered!"

"Leave me alone, Nari."

"Okay, okay, I'll stop laughing. J-just do it and I'll never bring this up again."

"Promise?" He asks, picking up the phone again.

"Pinkie promise."

He sighs and unmutes. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Joonie."

"No, no, baby. It's alright." He yawns loudly and I struggle to compose myself all over again. "I'll always wait on you."

"Uh, that's great!"

"You know, Ji ah? I can't wait to add even more money to our collection. You deserve it baby."

"Yes, Joonie. But if you just-"

"I know, I know. You want us to split it so I can buy you another clothing set after what happened to the last one."