Chapter 6

{Sorry the update took so long guys! But this chapter is extra long and extra Juicy. I hope you like it and if you do please vote!}

Immediately I dropped to the ground. I wasn't hit but the shot had come from the direction of the light. But why in the middle of the night? I had to see what was going on and who had fired at what. Now I was about twenty feet away before I heard voices. headlights were turned on. Quickly I jumped to get out of the way.

Taking shelter behind a tree I saw a red thunder bird emerge from the fog. I managed to get a license plate number. Everything was silent. It must have been three o'clock in the morning. I ran to the spot where they were. The road must have been close if they had been here.

Why had the gun been fired? The tire marks had come from the direction I was headed towards. There was some blood spots. It looked like there was some kind of blood trail. Whoever had shot was trying to kill someone.

After finding the blood spots I had to keep moving. But somehow I had to remember the crime scene. Grrrrrr. What was that? Oh, it was my stomach. I had been out here to long and I need a way out. That's it! I thought.

Following the tracks of the car I had to stop for a while a take a break. Sleep was like a luxury for me. But I think now I should try and fall asleep just for a tiny bit. I found a spot by a tree. though there was moss over some of it it looked comfortable.

"Jane, Jane," A voice echoed.

"Jane it's him," The voice continued.

"Who?" I asked.

The dream was dark I could only see a little bit in front of me. But the voice was there, I couldn't tell who's it was. The nature of the voice was childish. Like a toddler was telling me. I couldn't tell if they were a boy or girl.

Then I saw a light. everything started to fade. It was all gone and I was awoken. How long had I been asleep? I wondered. There was light out now and I could see everything. the crime scene was just around the corner.

Back on the tracks of the car I hoped that I would find the road soon. I wondered if anybody was looking for me. Wondering if I was safe. But I had to get out of there before the men came back.

Wondering down the tracks of the car I thought I could hear a car. But I blew it off. Nah I'm crazy. I kept thinking. But then it would come again. The sound of tires on the road got increasingly louder. Joyfully I ran along the tracks.

This was it freedom at last. No more forest and no more being lonely. Being in that forest was like being in a cage. running and running I still await for the road to reveal itself. the only thing that mattered was me getting out of there.

Stopping to catch a breath the sounds of cars were so close I could feel it. The joy was overwhelming. A tear came out if my eye. I ran the rest of the way. At last I was free. I had never been more excited to see a road until now.

Along the road came a navy blue car. There were two men, on driving and the other in the passenger seat. Signaling I got them to stop. I crawled into the back seat.

"Where you headed to?" The man in the drivers seat questioned.

"Is Pendleton county anywhere near here?" I asked in return.

"Honey your a long way from home. Why were you out there in the woods anyway?"

"Well I ran and ran but I don't remember where I ran to. What's today?"

"I believe it is Sunday. How'd you find your way out?"

"Oh, I followed some tire tracks out. Why?"