CHAPTER 9

"I want to live my life in a flashy way like yours."
- Shinzoka Azayishi, Soul Hashira

*

*************************************

“Forget”

Tengen Uzui

"Caw! Caw! Hurry up! Hurry up! Caw! Azayishi-san is in danger! Tomioka-san is wounded! Caw!" Azayishi's crow appeared right on my side as I hurriedly ran to their location. Her crow was holding an acorn.

I tried to get it from its claws but the crow wouldn't allow me to. It seems like it has a secret order from Azayishi-san.

They are in great danger, I believe. The muscular mice informed me but when I was on the run to their location when there was an ordinary demon attacked a group of friends outside the district and I can't just leave them there.

Anyway, I killed him in a flashy style in a short time. I speed up when I saw Mitsuri and Kanae from afar. As I came closer, I saw the buildings from this side of the district got wrecked and - …

"Tengen-san!" Mitsuri was crying while holding injured Kanae. I ran to them and looked at Kanae. She has a lot of wounds from her body. Then I noticed ice shards everywhere.

"Mitsuri, what happened?" I asked.

Mitsuri wiped her tears. "I just got here, Tengen-san. I was following a suspicious man with red eyes then I lost Kanae-san from the crowd. It's all my fault, I shouldn't follow that man but he's emitting a demonic vibe - a very strong one. I was about to tell Kanae-san but I lost her and I lost that man either. Kanae-san was alone when she gets here to rescue Tomioka-san and Azayishi-san. Then I saw her laying here injured. I still can't find Tomioka-san and Azayishi-san. Tengen-" she was shaking.

I can't blame her it's her first mission as a hashira and seems like we encountered some real deal of a demon here.

"Calm down, Mitsuri. Did you send help from the corps?" I asked and she nodded.

"T-tengen-san, Mitsuri-san..." we looked at Kanae.

She forces herself to sit up but Mitsuri stopped her. "Kanae-san, don't move. You're badly injured." Mitsuri said and sniffing forcing herself not to cry. She seems disappointed in herself. Kanae let out a reassuring smile. "I'm alright..."

Lie. She's not alright. I clenched my fist. If she bleeds like that she would likely to die. "Mitsuri, cover Kanae's wounds. Do something about it."

"Tengen-san..." Kanae smiled. No, don't look at me like that.

"Tengen-san, her body temperature is going down." Mitsuri said looking anxious. I looked away. I can't seem to look at her. The wounds it's slowly making her weak.

"Tengen-san, it's alright. I'm not going die. I drank a temporary healing potion and pain reliever Shinobu made for me. It will take a bit of time to finally feel the effect, though, it won't completely heal my wound atleast it did something to lessen the pain." She said. I looked back at her and she just smiling flamboyantly.

"Don't give me that flashy smile. You're making us worried." I said and she just chuckled. I slowly sense her body strength slowly recovering because of the potion. Mitsuri hugged her and cried again. “I thought you will die, Kanae-san!” Kanae just pat her back smiled.

"What happened here?" I asked. Kanae crooked her eyebrows and explain everything. My eyes widen as I realize that the suspicious man Mitsuri followed might be Muzan. So what attacked them at first might be a decoy - the lower rank demon that plays shamisen. But why an upper-rank demon shows up when they have a decoy? Is he a decoy too?