6. Reunions (3)

Photo of Consort Chun

The brief but affectionate gaze that had always appeared like looked like an innocent sisterly gave suddenly didn't seem so innocent anymore.

Was it that rebirth made her see things more clearly now or that she was just over thinking things and being overly suspicious.

While Rongyin was busy with her thoughts, Fuheng had already excused himself and left while Consort Chun struggled not to look back at he's retreating figure. She put on her indifferently mask and pasted a gentle smile on her face as she walked over.

She noticed that Her highness hadn't noticed her and was still staring strangely at the gate as if pondering on something.

Going down on her knees, she greeted loudly "Chenqie greets Huanghou niangniang" successfully dragging back the Empress consciousness to reality.

The Empress peered down at her and blinked dazedly before smiling brightly and helping her standing.

"Consort Chun, please get up the floor is cold" she said supporting her up personally before clasping one of her hands in hers in a familiar and friendly manner.

"Meimei it's been a while, how have you been" she asked in warmly.

"Replying Niangniang, Chenqie has been well these days thanking niangniang for your care. Chenqie heard niangniang had woken up last week and wanted to come over but was informed at the gate that niangniang wanted to recuperate in silence for a while and wasn't receiving visitors. Niangniang seems to have lost weight. Is niangniang sure that she's alright?" Consort Chun asked worriedly.

"Consort Chun even you of all people is asking this?! Which sick person doesn't lose weight. Bengong is fine and will regain weight in a couple of days. Meimei doesn't need to worry herself. Come let's go inside, it's still a bit early and the wind is still chilly. Meimei has a frail body, you should avoid getting cold" Rongyin said as she her into the receiving hall.

Not being able to resist anymore, Consort Chun asked "Niangniang, just now imperial guard Fuca..."

"Oh Fuheng, that child, came to check on Bengong and see how I was recovery. Bengong teased him a bit her got mad and wanted to run away" Rongyin answered offhandedly and chuckled.

Surprised and curious, she couldn't resist asking "what kind of teasing could Niangniang has said to make him run away"

"What else if not the matter of getting married. Bengong never knew that he was that opposed to the matter. That kid can be really ridiculous sometimes, Bengong just mentioned it a few times and he was already fleeing. Really makes one not know whether to laugh or cry" Rongyin replied with a helpless expression on her face and she shook her head and sighed as if defeated.

Feeling the warmth and pleasure well up in her, she couldn't help struggling to control her expression. She silently thought to herself seems after all these years, he truly hasn't forgotten about her.

She looked up and comforted lightly "imperial guard Fuca is talented and ambitious, it's natural it he wants to focus on he's career a bit before considering he's marriage. Niangniang shouldn't be worried, he'll come around after in a while".

But Rongyin still frowned and complained bitterly "but he doesn't even take care of himself properly. Look at him just now he complained that Bengong lost weight but didn't he also lose as much weight as Bengong, and he isn't even sick".

Reflecting that indeed Fuheng seemed to have lost quite some weight and also had a couple of dark circles beneath he's eyes, her eyebrows also wrinkled with worry.