3. Understanding, Regrets and Acceptance

Photo of Mingyu

Waking to the familiar sight of her bed chambers, Fuca Rongyin took a survey of her surroundings.

Mingyu was talking to an imperial physician by the side, Erqing was standing at a corner, her arm had been bandaged as she quietly but attentively listened to the conversation between imperial physician and Mingus. The room had been tidied up and there was no sign of the previous struggle that had taken place. Slowly her attention was also drawn to the conversation at hand.

"You don't need to worry her highness was only in a state of shock and slight hysteria" the imperial physician was saying. She couldn't identify who it was since he had turned he's back at her but his voice was very familiar so she already had a guess of who it was.

"She'll be fine after taking the prescription I gave you and a few days of proper rest. However her condition is still unstable. It would be best to avoid any telling shocking news during this period so that it doesn't affect her recovery" the imperial physician explained.

"Mingyu understands, but imperial physician Zhang"

Ah, it was indeed imperial physician Zhang!

"When her highness woke up she was screaming and asking for someone, demanding that that person should be brought forward and she seemed to be under the impression that we were hiding her somewhere" Mingyu narrated, she hesitated a bit before continuing "but the problem is, this person doesn't exist in the entire palace. After searching for her name and not finding it, her highness lost consciousness. Imperial physician Zhang is it... is it serious? Is her highness going to be okay?"

Rongyin strained her ear to hear what he was going to say.

Thinking for a bit before responding, imperial physician Zhang gave he's diagnosis on the situation "this isn't the first time I have heard for patients asking for things and people immediately after recovering for a coma. Usually they would even go hysterical and destroy things and might end up inflicted damage of others and themselves. Usually the people or things they ask for might be from the dreams they have while their in coma. Upon waking up they'll might be confused and end up confusing their dreams with reality thus causing the hysteria when they realize that the people they are searching for are no longer present. It's not impossible that her highness Houghou niangniang is also a victim of such circumstance but as long as she is able to make a clear understanding of the situation and separate her imaginations from reality then she should be alright".

So turns out this was the explanation he ended up giving. Rongyin scoffed lightly. But then again this explanation had given her a cover story for her previous outburst and she wouldn't need to stress herself looking for an explanation.

Just when her attention had turned back to the ongoing conversation, a damp cloth was used to wipe her arm causing her to flinched and move her hand away at the sudden wetness. It was only then that she realized that there was a another person in the room that she hadn't noticed before.

It was Hongluo. This face, it had been ages since she last saw it. She almost didn't recognize her.

In her previous life, after the death of Yonglian, her first son, she had been in deep grief for three years and had barely registered the things that happened around her. Due to her grief she had been negligent so she hadn't noticed that Hongluo had already reached the age where she should be allowed to leave the palace.

Afterwards Hongluo had almost lost her marriage because of this matter and she had felt extremely guilty. It was only then that she had realized the impact of her grieving and refusing to let go and had returned back to governing the six palaces.