OO1.

❝ the first chapter

❝ the first chapter. ❞

୨┈┈┈┈┈ ✧ ┈┈┈┈┈୧

The 287th hunter exam, a yearly event in which applicants must pass in order to become a Hunter, an elite member of humanity and a part of the Hunter Association. The exams consist of several tests and stages which can vary drastically.

Tens of thousands of examinees enter hoping to pass every year, and nearly all of them fail each time. While the Hunter Exam is rigorous, it also ensures that only the strongest and most resourceful applicants are the ones who become Hunters.

Mallory Di Moze knew this, of course, being from a prestigious family of Hunters herself.

The girl belonged to the Di Moze family, an esteemed group of Crime Hunters who had a tremendous influence on the Hunter World. They were known for their insanely quick-thinking and extraordinary battle prowess.

Normally, Di Moze children were taught how to problem solve at a young age and were sent to the Hunter Exam at the required age of 12. It was tradition for the Di Moze family to only have two children every generation, who were always a boy and a girl.

This tradition left the Di Moze's with many branch families. However despite not being apart of the Main Household, the branch families still raised their children to become Hunters as well.

But, they all specialize in different trades; Crime Hunting was only professionalized by the Main Household.

And Mallory happened to be apart of said household.

The girl's elder sibling was already a Pro-Hunter and was considered to be the pride of the family for achieving so much during their first years on the field, so it was no surprise to anyone that the family heads would send their youngest child to follow in their footsteps.

Even if she was considered a disgrace for being born as the second daughter of the Main Household.

Bored aquamarine eyes took a glance across the room, taking mental notes on the attendees. Except for a few anomalies, none of them seemed to pose much of a threat to her.

'44'

'301'

'294'

Mallory sighed and took a look at her own registration number. '390'. The girl doubted that the examiner would appear any time soon. Deciding to kill some time, Mallory began to walk around, subtly scouting out any future competition.

'Hm. As expected, they're all middle aged men with no life. Not to mention they're all hideous and have absolutely no sense of style.' She thought, grimacing as she internally recalled the faces of the participants.

The young blonde strolled around in silence for a few minutes before ultimately getting bored, deciding to go sit down somewhere when she suddenly heard someone call out to her,