The Fight

Author's Note: Thank you to all of the readers and followers of this story! Your reviews make me laugh and even more eager to write faster! Sorry for the delay, I just went over this many times in my head and wanted to make sure I got everything written :) Please enjoy!!

—————————————————————
•Chapter Five: The Fight•
——————————————————————-

"Hey, come here Em," Colt told her sweetly as he pulled her closer to his chest, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Ember giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck while she looked up at him. "My, Mr. Douglas; getting demanding, are we?"

"Only when I see something I've gotta have," Colt told her as he placed a soft kiss against her cheek.

"Oh? And what do you just have to have?" Ember asked, playing along.

"You, baby. I want you." Colt whispered in her ear and kissed her hair after he finished that statement.

Ember looked up at Colt with a serious look on her face. He cupped her face in his hands and leaned in slowly. Their lips were centimeters apart...

Colt awoke with a start, immediately confused about the dream he had been having. When he finally snapped to reality and heard the annoying sound of the alarm, he threw his pillow at Rocky to wake him up. "Turn that shit off, Rocky!"

Rocky groaned and threw the pillow back at him. "I'm up!"

Colt laid there and looked at the ceiling while he contemplated the dream he had. He had a dream that he was going to kiss Ember? And he actually enjoyed it?? Even now when he's awake, he doesn't feel repulsed? What the hell was going on with him? He thought of how soft her hair would feel beneath his fingertips, how sweet her skin smelled, or how sweet her mouth would have tasted.

'Wait! What?! What in the hell is going on with me?!' Colt thought to himself.

In the room down the hall, Ember awoke to the sound of her own alarm blaring noisily in her ear. She looked over at her clock and read that it was only 6:10am. She groaned and threw her face into her pillow. She laid there for another 15 minutes, hitting the snooze button twice. She was exhausted, but she willed herself to get up anyway. She figured Rocky would be heading to the shower any minute and if she's lucky, she could sneak in there before Colt came to take his shower.

She slid out of bed and pulled her baby blue robe over her shoulders and tied the sash in the front to hold it together. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and opened the door, stepping out into the hallway. As she predicted, Rocky was coming out of the bathroom, his hair still wet from his shower.

"Good morning, Rock," Ember greeted.

"Morning E," Rocky replied as he passed her. He opened the door to his bedroom and stepped in, closing the door behind him.

As Ember approached the bathroom, she made a mental note to herself that had to pack up her room today, as she would be rooming with the boys from tonight until her bathroom was finished.

'This should be fun,' Ember sarcastically thought to herself.

Ember stepped inside the bathroom and took a look at herself in the mirror. Other than her blonde hair being a tangled mess in her messy bun, she didn't look half bad for just waking up. She turned on the sink and began brushing her teeth. Once her teeth were brushed, she slipped the robe down her shoulders and turned to hang the robe on the back of the door. To her horror, that very same door opened and she came face to face with Colt.