Chapter two

As the trial commenced, Talisa could not be less interested. Sam came and spoke his defence, then theo, then Luke and lastly Darius. Anger filled Talisa's veins as she heard them repeat their offence of treason.
Anger was the only thing she could feel, she would not pity these boys. They had dared speak wrong of her, they deserved the worse.
throughout the first three boys' trial, Poucell was urging Talisa to see their youth, their innocence and when Talisa looked in their fearful eyes she could not feel remorse despite the youth and fear in their eyes.
Lastly Darius came,
'Lets get this over and done with, I want to eat lunch,' Talisa whispered in Poucells ear as the doors opened for Darius.
'Remember your highness, you are dealing with valuable lives,'
Talisa rolled her eyes, however when she looked down and saw Darius. She felt an odd unfamiliar sensation.
A poor boy, in rags and chains looking up at her with the deepest blue eyes she had ever seen. They were mesmerising.
There was something distinct about the eyes, and immediately Talisa couldn't figure out what it was. Later she had thought about it and realised that when she looked into his eyes he did not just see his eyes, it was an odd sensation. It was as if she could see into his soul in a weird way. As her eyes fixated on his, he did not look away and as she spoke telling him the laws of the court a speech she was forced to learn and had monotously said to the three boys before him, he kept eye contact and held onto every word that she said. He had black as night hair, she had seen brown hair and dark brown hair but never hair quite this dark. It truly was the colour of night on the darkest of nights.
'Are you Darius Haver?' Talisa asked
'Yes, your highness,'
'You are on trial for treason against your queen and the realm,' Poucell said
Darius finally broke eye contact and looked down.
'Last night you were convicted of treasonous words, can the officer repeat what he heard Darius say?'
Talisa knew it would be similar to what the other three boys had said. The others had said 'Talisa should not be queen,'
However the officer repeated Darius' words 'Queen Talisa has no soul, she does not know what is is to be human as she is a vicious monster with a heart as cold as stone,'
Talisa's eyes grew wide, Darius looked down. In his mind he knew he was a dead man, he would be executed soon.
Talisa was in shock, she had heard a lot about herself but those words cut her like knives, she could not form words.. It hurt coming from Darius, because how stupid it sounded for that second Talisa thought that through eye contact they connected without words. It was ridiculous to think of, she a queen and he a poor boy.
She grew angry.
'Darius do you want to die?' She asked
Darius looked up at her, his hands restrained by the cuffs. He looked up at her.
His youth was made evident In that look, she could see his young age and the feeling of innocence and the look of naivety made her feel an odd sensation. It reminded her of something that made her smile but also sick to the stomach.
Then something unexpected happened, Darius fell to his knees.
'Mercy, I beg of you! I want to live before I die,'
His smooth deep voice trembled.
'Why should I let you live? Why would a soulless women let you live?' Talisa spitefully spat
Darius looked down, defeated.
'Break!' Talisa called 'we will meet in an hour, to decide the verdict, take the prisoners to the cell,'

Talisa sipped wine on the balcony during the break.
Amelia joined her.
'He was good-looking,' Talisa stated
'Who?' Amelia asked
'Darius,'
'Was he the last one?' Amelia asked
'Yes! Were you even listening in the trial? The one with those eyes,'
Amelia furrowed her eyebrows.
'So you want to fuck him?' Amelia asked
'No! What? Well...it's not like that...it's different, it's indescribable he's good looking in a way that you what to know about him not just fuck him,'
'I don't get that,'
'I don't think I really do either, I have only seemed to fuck people,'
Talisa went to the fruit basket and picked up an orange.
Poucell joined her,
'How do you want to execute them?' He sighed
Talisa looked at him, poucell was shocked to see Talisa upset and worried.
'When they repeated what those boys said, I just...well I don't know, it was an odd feeling to know that you are hated. I know people hate me, but to have it reiterated to you by seemingly innocent boys. It hit me in a way I can't describe, I am hated. It made me feel sick inside,'
Poucell remained silent as Talisa peeled her orange.
'I am a horrible person, I know I am but I can't help it,'
Poucell sighed and all he said was 'your sister was the same, but remember power is more than fearing people into respecting you,'
When they returned into the courtroom the boys were sitting down. Talisa returned to her desk.
Darius wasn't even looking up and Theo was in tears once again.
'I think that one is cute,' Amelia said whispering to Talisa and indicating at SAm
'You are not bailing on percy the squire,' Talisa ordered.

Talisa stood up 'you Have done a treasonous act, a one that is retributed by death,'
There was a silence that filled the grand hall.
'However I think you will be more useful to be alive,' Talisa said firmly. A Smile not escaping her mouth. However she saw the boys' looked shocked and exhaled relief.
'You will not be left of the hook, you will work in the palace as unpaid servants and will be expected To fulfil your duties effectively, you will live in the servants quarters,'

Poucell looked relieved that the merciless queen was showing mercy.
'what are you good at?' She asked hastily
'I am a good cook, I can make bread very quickly,' sam said
'Fine you will work in the kitchens,'
'I am good with horses,' theo said shakily
'Stable boy!' She declared
'I..I.' Like mumbled
Talisa groaned 'you will be a cup bearer for Poucell, try not to drop the wine,'
Darius was the only one left. Talisa smirked as all eyes were on him.
'I am good at-' he began
But Talisa shut him up.
'Did I ask you to speak?' She roared
His eyes widened with fear.
'You will be my personal squire, and you will have many duties to help me with very personal things,'
Darius eyes widened, understanding the message. Talisa grinned but no one seemed to understand.
After they left, Talisa caught up with Darius.
He bowed down and thanked her for his life.
'Tomorrow you start, but every evening unless I say no you will come to my chamber at 8pm,' she said
Darius bowed and walked to his servant room.
'Oh! And Darius!' She called out
'Dont be late, I don't tolerate tardiness,'

A/n I need votes for motivation! So pleaseeee