Chapter five

Talisa was stressed to say the least, her council was presenting her with incomprehensible problems facing the kingdom. The council sat around a wooden round table in the meeting room, overlooking the kingdom with its breathtaking purple mountains enclosing the kingdom. It was a beautiful day.
'Repeat that Poucell,' she asked unable to believe what she was hearing.
'The kingdom of Damani demands trade alliances and a supported army if not a war will occur,' Poucell said.
'We don't have strength for another war we are still recovering from the last,' Talisa breathed.
Whenever she mentioned the past war her spine shivered as ghostly sinister memories crept at the back of her mind.
The whole council seemed to share the same memories as they became silent and their faces looked down.
'The whole kingdom is still recovering from the past war,' she breathed as she remembered the day before the crowd of vengeful civilians shouting 'queen slayer at her'.
'Yet if we give the Damani what they want the citizens of our kingdom will suffer, if more people die from hunger a civil war will occur, despite us easily crushing the uprisers we need them on our side,' Talisa said rubbing her temples together.
'So what do you propose?' Poucell asked
'We need dialogue with the Damani king see if he will compromise,' Talisa said 'send him message by raven immediately,'
'Your highness, the Damani king is very stubborn. He does not like our kingdom and refuses to negotiate with a woman, he will be difficult-' Poucell said
Talisa scoffed 'if he wants our trade links so badly, if he wants our opium plants so badly He will compromise,'
'If you don't mind me suggesting possibly we could get Your uncle Peter to come and give us his opinion,' Poucell said
Talisa scoffed 'don't you fucking dare, you insult me thinking that I can't handle this on my own. I can handle this better than anybody,'
'I didn't mean to insult you,'
'Then leave, I want to be left alone,'
She stared out the window overlooking to the kingdom, beneath her she saw all aspects of life. She wondered about Darius then, at the moment he was cleaning her room. She had not seen him all day. She wondered if she could see his family from this viewpoint. She looked to the river where she saw children playing and families washing clothes, she looked at the market place and the pub and the fields to see if she could spot those distinctive blue eyes on another person.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and Amelia walking in.
'Your highness ' she bowed
'Come and sit Amelia,' Talisa said
Talisa was wearing a pale blue dress making the poisonous emerald necklace stick out more.
'Stressed?' She asked
Talisa nodded.
'Lunch!' Amelia called out.
'It feels good to boss somebody around for once,' Amelia said sniggering.
'You know why I do it,'
Talisa was shocked to see Darius coming in with a platter full of food.
'Your highness,' he quivered serving the food .
His blue eyes barely looked up.
'Fetch us some barley water,' Amelia stated
'As you wish,' Darius bowed and walked out.
Talisa and Amelia checked him out as he walked away.
'What the hell did you do to him last night?' Amelia laughed
Talisa stared at her.
'The whole castle heard screaming, not pleasure screaming but torture-'
Talisa shrugged 'he won't call me soulless again,'
'Is that why? I thought you were stronger than that!'
'I am ,' Talisa continued 'I enjoyed seeing him suffer,'
However this wasn't true, Talisa needed to seem ruthless or noone would respect her, that's what uncle peter told her.
'He is good looking though you should have sex with him,' Amelia said
But Talisa started thinking off his eyes again and how it reminded her of home. Even though she had never felt at home anywhere and mindlessly said 'I don't think I want to have sex with him immediately,'
Amelia laughed 'why not?! Do you want to get to know him first?' She said as if this was the most stupid thing.
Talisa shrugged 'I prefer to toy with him first, I like to play with My food before I eat it,' Talisa smirked
Amelia watched Darius approaching them with Barley water.
'I know how you can toy with him further,' Amelia smirked and Talisa got the hint. She was urged on by Amelia and soon enough what turned into mindless fun consumed her and her evil intentions came out bitterly.
As Darius approached and put the glasses down.
Talisa spoke 'his penis was so small aswell, I couldn't believe it when I felt it, I thought it was a peanut,'
She laughed internally as she saw Darius' eyes flicker as he poured the glasses.
'I mean people say size doesn't matter but of course it does, I mean if he ever puts it in I would like to know it's inside,'
Amelia cackled. Darius had a firm angry grip on the bottle as he poured some in Amelia's glass.
Talisa then looked at Darius and started laughing.
'Does it still hurt bubba? Amelia hear heard you screaming like a little baby,' Talisa laughed.
Amelia laughed viscously as well.
'Like a little baby wanting his mother,' Talisa mocked 'I bet you wanted your mummy last night didn't you aw,'
Darius looked down ashamed.
'Your highness,' he bowed and started to walk away.
'Did I tell you to leave? stay.' Talisa ordered.
She was being evil again, at stressful times she needed to feel powerful again.
Darius walked back.
'Did you cry for your mummy?' Talisa asked.
Darius remained silent.
'Do you want your mummy now?' Talisa asked.
Darius shook his head.
'Your mummy won't make that penis longer, hey look at me when I am talking to you,'
Darius looked up his eyes full of pain.
'May I go and get your dessert your highness?' He asked his voice cracking.
'Come here.' Talisa ordered
Darius came closer. Talisa viscously whispered into his ear.
'You won't ever go home, you called for your mother last night, where's your mummy now?' Talisa mocked
Darius looked up he clenched his fists and glared at Talisa.
'My mother is dead. Due to the previous war you created. I saw her die, and shielded my little sister who was only nine then and you wonder why I called you soulless,' He spat.
As the words left his mouth his eyes opened realising what he said.
Amelia raised her eyebrows. Talisa was being watched she had to do something, how dare a commoner talk to her like this?
'You are nothing but a commoner, how dare you talk to me like this after I spared your useless life?' She spat. 'I don't know why your are serving me I don't want to see you you are only alive when I want to fuck you, until then Guards take him to the dungeon! But bring him to my room at 10, he is in for a big surprise,'
Darius raised his eyes as the guards that had bullied him earlier hoisted him into the dungeons alone. They pushed him in.
'Hold him up!' Guard one stated the other one held Darius up as the first guard punched him repeatedly in te stomach until he collapsed to the dungeon ground.
The first guard was about to kick his face but the other guard stopped him.
'Talisa wants him pretty, a bruised face won't please her,'
Darius was left in the cold dreary dungeon coughing up blood.