Chapter 12: Two Gods in the Rain

Land of Rain: Ame / Crater

'Now this is what I call a fight,' Naruto thought as Asura's razor tail slashed at him forcing him to pull back. "Mokuton: Jukai Kōtan," he spoke clearly as an entire forest of trees erupted from the ground, completely changing the entire battlefield.

"Impressive," commented Deva as he landed on one of the various branches. "So you are a Senju."

"Judging by the fact that you have the Rinnegan, you must be related to the Senju too," Naruto shot back.

"...What are you talking about?" Deva questioned as the other Five Paths of Pain started to encircle the lone masked blond.

"The Rinnegan can only be awakened by combining the power of the Senju and the Uchiha into one vessel. My comrade is the same," Naruto explained.

"Senju and Uchiha..." Deva trailed off before narrowing his eyes. "Not that it matters now; I will kill you for what you have done here today."

"Give me your best shot," Naruto challenged.

"Shinra Tensei!" Deva exclaimed as a massive pulse of gravity lashed out and flattened a good chunk of the newly created forest.

'His gravity control is on par with Karin's,' Naruto thought and absently flung a three-pronged kunai to the side as he was sent flying backwards by the gravity blast. 'I know Karin and I have talked about her using her chakra rods to control slave bodies but we discarded the idea,' he added as Human appeared behind him with his arm outstretched. 'It seems whoever this guy is; he actually went through with it.'

"Ningen-" Human began.

"Hiraishin no Jutsu," Naruto interrupted as he flashed to where his three-pronged kunai was imbedded in the destroyed trunk of a nearby tree.

"That was..." Deva trailed off at the sight. "Who are you?"

"...I am Senju Hashirama," Naruto declared.

"Senju Hashirama?" Deva questioned in surprise. "And here I thought only Uchiha Madara was still alive to remember the founding era."

"...Uchiha Madara?" Naruto inquired. "Are you saying he's alive?"

"We are..." Deva mused. "Acquainted."

'How could Madara still be alive? Hashirama-sensei killed him decades ago so unless he's somehow immortal then I doubt it's really him,' Naruto thought. 'However both dad and mom told me that they believed it was Madara that controlled the Kyuubi the night I was born so maybe...'

"Do not be stupid, boy," the Kyuubi no Yoko less commonly known as Kurama growled from the back of his mind. Over the years they had grown on each other and they had learned to work together however the fox still preferred to keep to himself. When the fox talked however, it was usually something important since he didn't really like pointless banter. "He may have been similar, but the one who ripped me out of your mother's seal didn't feel like that accursed Uchiha."

'We'll worry about it later,' Naruto responded and spun his three-pronged kunai as he saw a blast of fire erupt from Asura's feet that launched him at the masked blond.

"Shurado," Asura spoke as dozens of missile-like projectiles shot out of his sides before descending on Naruto's position.

'Shit,' Naruto cursed in thought as he jumped back to avoid the volley. The trees were torn asunder as the missiles bombarded the battlefield, setting it ablaze even as the falling rain quickly washed the flames down. 'It looks like I'm going to have to take this to the next level.'