Chapter 20: The End of the World

Land of Lightning: Battlefield

"Is that the..." Naruto trailed off at the sight.

"Yes," Kurama confirmed. "That's the Juubi," it was a disgusting looking creature with one large eye that looked like a cross between a Rinnegan and a Sharingan. Almost immediately, Obito and Sasuke landed on the Juubi's head as Konohamaru jumped up onto Shukaku's head. "The reason you can't feel the negative chakra it was giving off before is because it doesn't have emotions or ideals like what you're used to. It can't be sensed; that thing is the same as the natural energy circulating the world like what you would feel from the earth or the water and even the air itself."

"I wonder..." Naruto mused as his eyes changed colour and his sage markings appeared on his face.

"Stop it Naruto," Kurama told him. "It's no use; you'll just measure that it can't be measured."

"That's not even funny," Konohamaru commented having already shifted into his own Sage Mode. "How could anything have that much power?"

"I had wanted to put them out of their misery of being Jinchuuriki," Sasuke spoke up as he stood atop the Juubi's head. "But they're better than I expected."

"I'm going to start Mugen Tsukuyomi as soon as it's ready," Obito responded.

"It will take time for you to pull the moon close enough to do that," Sasuke mused. "They will get in the way; the safest thing to do is to kill them with the power of the Juubi."

"Sasuke..." Obito trailed off. "You just want to try out the Juubi's power, don't you? Just like a child," he smirked slightly as the Juubi brought its arm down, blowing up a good chunk of the landscape.

"Shit just got real!" Naruto shouted as Kurama and Shukaku raised their arms to shrug off the wave of debris that flew at them.

"Listen up, first let's keep at a distance and see what it does! Depending on what it does we'll attack it from as close as possible!" Kurama shouted over the sound of the shockwave.

"You're still a damned show-off, Kurama!" Shukaku yelled back.

"Let's go!" Kurama roared as he lunged forward only to be struck by the Juubi's large fist which had moved far faster than a creature its size was supposed to move. "Damn bastard!" the chakra fox growled as he righted himself and charged up a barrage of black chakra spheres.

"Damn you!" Shukaku shouted only to be batted away, his body smashed with a single smack from the Juubi's demon claw.

"Renzoku Bijudama!" Kurama called out as he unleashed the explosive volley at the Juubi.

"Cho Oodama Bijudama!" Obito's voice echoed from atop the Juubi's head as it unleashed a large beam-like blast of concentrated chakra.

"Shit," Kurama cursed as he wrapped himself in his tails.

"Mokuton: Hobi no Jutsu!" Naruto called out as he quickly flung himself out of Kurama's body and formed a face-shaped wooden construct around himself.

The beam washed over the two, obliterating eight of Kurama's nine tails in an instant and forcing his body to break apart. 'You okay, Kurama?' Naruto asked in thought as the crawled out from the now destroyed wooden construct.

"Give me a few minutes to recharge," Kurama told him.

"Konohamaru, you okay?!" Naruto yelled out.