Chapter 16: Burden of the Shadows

Land of Lightning: Kumo

"Chikushōdō: Kuchiyose no Jutsu," Obito spoke with an edge as seven figures were summoned to his side in explosions of smoke. Six of these figures were his new Six Paths of Pain—six of the former Jinchuuriki—courteous of the Rinnegan he had collected from Nagato and transplanted into his left eye socket. The seventh figure was his young apprentice, Uchiha Sasuke whom had recently infiltrated Konoha and killed Danzo along with the village elders for their involvement in the Uchiha Clan Massacre.

Kumo was arguably the most militaristic shinobi village on the continent with Iwa coming in a close second and had even gone as far kidnapped attempts and blackmail to increase its own power. Despite that, Kumo alone could never hope to fight against the force that was launching a direct attack on the village without support from the other nations. Thousands of White Zetsu clones were swarming into the village, killing and destroying everything and everyone in their path with dozens of Edo Tensei ninja right behind them including their former Sandaime Raikage whom was considered to be the strongest Raikage ever.

"This will all end today," Obito commented as he gazed out over the burning village.

"Hn," Sasuke sneered as five figures landed in front of them.

"The Five Kage," Obito mused as he looked down at them. "Do you see now how hopeless and useless this world really is? Do you know despair?"

"Shut up!" E shouted in anger. "You'll pay for this and for what you did to my brother and Yugito!"

"Uchiha Madara," Onoki said with a glare. "Long ago I lost myself because of you but from here on I'll pick myself up and stop making excuses."

"We're going to stop you here," Terumi Mei declared.

"You've caused a lot of pain to a lot of people," Jiraiya said clearly. "All that matters now is not one more."

"You're end is here," Gaara proclaimed calmly.

"To think I'd see the day that the Five Kage would stand together as one," Onoki smirked at the sight.

"Five Kage or not, you are no match for the Uchiha," Sasuke spoke as he stepped forward.

"Sasuke?" Jiraiya asked in surprise.

"And I know the truth about what Konoha did to my clan," Sasuke responded. "Danzo and the elders confirmed everything, before I killed them."

"You..." Jiraiya trailed off with narrowed eyes.

"Let's go Mizukage-dono!" E yelled as his Raiton no Yoroi exploded to life.

"Alright," Mei nodded and took a deep breath. "Yōton: Shakugaryūgan no Jutsu!" she exclaimed as a large stream of lava shot from her mouth at the two Uchiha.

"Yōton: Yōkai no Jutsu!" bellowed the Yonbi Jinchuuriki as several large lava spheres shot from his mouth and slammed into Mei's lava stream.

"That's..." Onoki trailed off as his eyes widened. "I recognize them; that's Roshi and Han!"

"Yugito..." E gritted his teeth upon recognizing his former subordinate.

"They're all Jinchuuriki," Mei said trying to remain calm. "Even Yagura is here."

"Kamui!" a yell was heard as space and time started to twist and distort around Obito's head.

'This is...' Obito thought as his own space-time technique cancelled out its effects. "Jikūkan Idō," he whispered as he saw Konohamaru land beside the Kage. "Sarutobi Konohamaru, the Ichibi Jinchuuriki; so you've actually taken that eye for yourself, huh?"