Hired

Later, Luna had settled in a bedroom that Schwoz had given her, brushing her hair. A cough sounded from the doorway, and Luna, startled, threw the hairbrush before she tapped her watch and reached on top of a device on her desk in which a gun formed in her hand, pointing it at the door to see Henry scrambling from his previous position of leaning on the doorway, hands up. 

"Woah, woah! Is the laser gun really necessary?!" Realising what she was doing, 

Luna put down the gun, awkwardly running her hand through her hair.  "Uh... I... have no explanation for that. Sorry for almost blowing your head off with a..." She took a second to look at the weapon, "laser gun, one second." Reaching towards the device from which she took the gun, she placed it on it and Henry watched in awe as it faded away. 

"You've got some sick tech. Is this stuff from Swellview?" He waved his hand over it with an excited grin, bending down to look at it.

"Nah. After the fight with Drex went down, I went to Automotropolis, a tech-supported city from the other side of the world. It's more advanced as I initially thought, but I got used to the craziness." 

"Must have been sick." 

"It was, but I got there after getting in the middle of a radioactive terrorist attack, but on the bright side, I got these." Pulling up her sleeve, Luna showed Henry a black winding tattoo on her arm, sending him into a state of confusion. 

"A tattoo?" 

"That's where you're wrong. It's more than that." Like a gauge, the tattoo went from black to a glowing aqua, a small ball of matching energy forming in her hand. Putting her hand over it protectively, Luna pulled her hands back before jumping in a full 360, throwing the ball at the wall and hitting it, leaving a small crater smoking aqua smoke there. "A meteor flew through a nebula on its way to Earth. I happened to be in the vicinity when it hit. Only survivor since I was standing far away enough." She explained, smiling awkwardly at Henry's awed expression. Then he regained his composure with an awkward cough, making a clicking sound with his tongue while gripping his hands behind his back. 

"We left things a little roughly when everyone decided to split up." 

"Mate, it wasn't rough, it was plain awkward." Tapping her neck, her suit retracted into the necklace around her neck with her looking at Henry with a raised eyebrow. 

"Fine. But doesn't mean we can't start afresh, right?" Sitting down, Luna pulled a whiteboard from the device she used earlier, a pen to boot. 

"Let's run the numbers. A boss who doesn't like relationships, us simply being incompatible, and the fact that my sister, who's in the other room, would tear you apart if she heard what went on behind her back. She may be 14, but she's feisty." Writing something on the board, Henry saw her draw two lines on it before setting the pen down. "Let's see the results." Turning the board around, the blonde sighed when he saw the words 'NO CHANCE' with the two lines underneath it. 

"You're so savage sometimes. We can't be friends?" "We can. Just not the type we were earlier." Dejected, Henry started searching for more topic sentences, finding one. 

"Remember the time we first met? We were in Miss Shapen's class and-" 

"She was angry with Jasper for not knowing simple maths and tried to teach him using cats, and then she asked you to answer it. What was the question again?" 

"If I gave you two cats, two more cats and another two cats, how many cats would you have?" Luna had started giggling, a warm smile breaking her ice-cold exterior. 

"You said seven." "Because I already had a cat." The reliving of the memories brought to mind another one. Particularly the day she found out Henry was Kid Danger.