10

I sat on my bed facing the wall. I haven't gone to school in a week. I was home alone today. I sighed.

There was a knock on the door. It startled me because I haven't got any company. From anyone. Not even Jai.

I walked downstairs and looked through the peephole. It was Beau.

"What?" I said through the door.

"Let me in." He said.

"No. I'm not on speaking terms with the Brooks family."

"Did your mum tell you to say that?" There was a long pause.

"Yes." I said letting him in.

"Listen. I came to talk to you about Jai. He's really upset. And he doesn't know what to say to you. So as his older brother, I'm saying it for him."

"Then talk but I'm not accepting the apology."

"I know him. He's a tough guy and rarely do I see him the way he is. He just sits in his room all day. And he is closing himself off from the world."

"I don't care." I lied. I did. I didn't like seeing him this way.

"No. You do. I know you do." He said.

"No I don't." I said, tears threatening to spill.

"You do."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

By now our faces were centimetres apart.

Then he kissed me. I kissed him back. It just felt so right. Then I realised what I was doing.

We pulled away at the same time, both shocked.

"Don't tell Jai." I said.

"Agreed." He said. Then he left awkwardly.

I felt bad. For Jai. I liked him and I kissed his brother. I just don't want them to hate each other because of me.

I walked back to my lonely bedroom, feeling sad but a bit excited. If Jai isn't worth my time, maybe Beau is...