The beginning of a better life (Chapter 1)

Nobody's P.O.V 

A guardian's goal is to protect a child. Parents are supposed to take care, protect, and be there throughout their kids lives no matter what. But so ever it is not rare for an offspring to be taken, or left alone in the human world. Though, it is quite the opposite in the demon world. Demons cherish anything blood-related, they take care of it, protect it, and help them even if you don't feel like it belongs there. Even if they hate them, even if they did something so messed up it would be one of the most upsetting days if the child got taken away from their family.

Delkira P.O.V

I was taking a stroll to get some thoughts about what's happening with the thirteen crowns, it was a dumb idea to go have a walk... alone, at midnight, in an alleyway. It was truly stupid since I am demon king and who knows what kind of demons roam this alley. Luckily for me, I heard nothing but slight wind and eventually some light rain. Rain. I honestly adore rain. Either on how beautiful it is or even on how calming it can be.

 That's when I heard crying, not sobbing, high-pitched cries. It sounds like a... baby's cry??? It was quite weird but I still decided to investigate. I walked closer to the whines of what I hope is a baby until I saw it...What I saw was a small demon baby, not even a toddler, but a baby in a basket with a small piece of thin fabric which I suppose was supposed to be a small covering like a blanket on top of it. 

It was the demon making the sounds. I picked it up and cradled it slightly, hoping it will at least do something to calm it ever so slightly.

 Anger ran thru my veins. Why? Why would someone do something like this to a FUCKING BABY?! Although I'm extremely angry, I (try to) keep calm as I cradle the offspring.  Me cradling the newborn is making it calm down ever so slightly for it to stop crying but it looks as if it's on the verge of tears. I rush back to the castle that I live in while carrying the offspring, luckily it was only a couple of feet away since I didn't go so far into the alley.

///////////////////////////////////////In the Castle/////////////////////////////////////////

It took me at least 2 minutes to get to the castle. Which was good since I had no idea how long the offspring was outside and I didn't want it to get sick.

Do I tell someone? What do I say? what should I even do with the baby?! It's clear that it's at least a couple of months and I can just report to the authorities what happened so they can take it into a better home but then ...I'll have to give the demon away. . .Why do I not want to give it away? Why? Just purely why?

"Sir Delkira? Is that you?" 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

There ya go!~

Pls, tell me if you guys have any suggestions or tips! I'll start writing the next chapter tomorrow!

I'm going to try and write as much as I can during the Easter break but once school starts up again I'm afraid that I won't be uploading as much and losing twice the amount of motivation that I already lose throughout a normal day:(