21

" Hi Jake, did I look good today?"

Areum approaches him who sit alone by himself on the bench.

" Yes."

Areum sighed. " Hey babe, since we're engaged, you're not focus on me. Why?" She crossed her hand pouting.

" I-I'm just tired. Oh- today was Minjee's birthday party right? By 8 p.m I'll fetch you. Don't be late or you go there by yourself." He walks away, leaving Areum behind.

" Almost two years, did he still thinking about that slut? Oh my god. I must end this here."

_______________________________________

Jake take a deep breath while leaning himself against the tree and shutted his eyes.

" Are you having a bad day?"

Daemi approaches him causes he open his eyes and fix his eyes to Daemi who sit beside him in sudden.

" What are you doing here? You must take a look at the restaurant."

Jake said coldly.

" Tsk, give me a time to take a rest dude."

She chuckled and cleared her throat when Jake didn't show any interactions.

" Even it's already a long time ago, but I still want to fix everything between us."

Jake tilt his head to her and smirked.

" Fix everything? For what? Useless."

" I know that you getting bored to hear my voice, but please listen to me."

" I'm stuck with the unexpected situation, I'm not what you think, I-"

Jake get up from his place and about to go away.

" It's been 2 years Daemi, you still repeated the same sentences. I'm tired. Can you just disappeared from my sight?"

Daemi get up and chase him from behind.

" Okay, if you didn't want to hear that. But please listen to this.

" Jake, I like you." He stopped his way.

Daemi sighed heavily.

" Okay, finally I'm done. I'm done express everything that I hold for a long time. Now, I'll leave. Thank you for give me time to said this."

" Before that." She put a paper bag one the place that Jake previously sat.

" If you didn't want it, just throw away." She walks away in sobbing.

" Congrats for your engagement." He read the note and sighed heavily while holding a knitted flower that she makes for him.

______________________________________

" Happy birthday Minjee. Sorry we're late." Jake approaches her as soon they arrive at her house.

" Yow bro, Daemi didn't come?" Areum who stand beside him, faded her smile in sudden.

" Oh she had work to do at the restaurant."

Minjee interrupted, they nodded in sync.

" So she's alone there?"

"Maybe. I don't know."

Areum walks away go to the food section leaving Jake, Minjee and Sunghoon behind.

" Bro, you looks so puffy. Are you crying?" Sunghoon tease.

" Wh-what? Why should I cry? Ugh." Jake rolled his eyes.