Chapter 3

Ella arrives at school as she instantly sees Luna and Bella immediately going to them. They have been friends since Ella could remember along with Aria but lately they have been protecting Aria against all of the bad things.

"Everything okay? Is she okay?" Luna asked as Ella had nodded her head and the girls made their way to the lockers.

"Yeah, Aria is fine. Caleb helped me while Noah thought I was joking around. He's home with her today. She slept over in one of the rooms. Apparently she needed it. I don't know if Aria is going to be okay," Ella said as her two friends looked at her.

"Maybe we need to help her in a other way," Bella said.

"In what possible other way? We've done all there is. Come on. Let's head to class," Luna said as they were off.

Caleb had looked at the, now, empty house that he had stood in. He had remembered the previous night while he hadn't thought that the young girl would get out of bed. He had looked at the jewelry in front of him while he smiled and took out a necklace from the box heading out of the house.

Aria had exhaled as her car stopped in front of a big house and she got out of it. She shook her head as she saw how two ten year old girls had ran out of the house attacking her as she smiled and hugged them.

"Hey girls. Is Aunt Lydia home?" Aria asked as she saw how a young guy came out of the house.

"No, she ain't, but I am. Hey, you okay?" Logan asked as Aria nodded.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Aria said as her brother embraced her and held her tight.

"I'm glad then. Come on girls. Let's go in. You two have homework to do," Logan said as all of them went in the house.

Growing up, Aria had felt lucky to have a little brother like Logan for many reasons. One of them being that he always took the weight off of her shoulders when he saw that she needed it. But lately that didn't help and did she go dark.

"Harper, Isabelle go and play upstairs please. I want to talk to Aria on my own," Logan said as his sister had gone up the stairs and he gave Aria a cup of warm coffee.

"You okay? For real please. No lies," Logan said as Aria exhaled.

Aria and Logan had build a good relationship over the years and especially after their parents had died but it wasn't always as simple as that
And both of them had known that their lives have changed in more than one way.

"Not really. I don't really think I'm okay."

Logan looked at the sadness in his sister's eyes while he knew that she had gone through a lot in her life. But he had also known that she was so beyond sad that there wasn't a way out for her anymore. And he knew that. There was a knock on the door as Aria had smiled and opened the door seeing how Caleb had stood there.

"Caleb, hi. What are you doing here?" Aria asked.

"Just came to check up on you," Caleb said.

"Come on in then. Don't stand outside. Logan, this is Caleb. He's Ella's big brother. My little brother, Logan," Aria said.

"Little brother who has two ten year old girls to check up on. Have fun. Oh, Aunt Lydia said if you want to go out tonight you have an 11 o'clock curfew," Logan said as he went up the stairs.

"Can I get you some coffee?" Aria asked.

"I actually just came to give you something," Caleb said as he took out a necklace causing Aria to gasp.

"It's beautiful. Is that white topaz?" Aria asked as Caleb nodded.

"It was my mother's. Birthstone of those born in April. I want you to have it," Caleb said as Aria had smiled.

"Can you?" she asked.

"Absolutely," Caleb said as he had helped Aria to put the necklace on.

"White topaz represents balance, clarity and energy. Think after the last two years you can use with a bit of balance," Caleb said as Aria turned around.

"Thank you, Caleb. Not just for the necklace. For everything you've done," Aria said.

"Well since you have a curfew tonight, why not go out? It is after all your birthday," Caleb said.

"I can't go out like this. I look horrible," Aria said as Caleb chuckled.

"You look fine. But okay. Pick you up at 6. That good?" Caleb asked as Aria nodded.

"I'll see you then," Aria said.