Chapter 7

Aria was going through her closet while she knew her life was falling apart. She had applied for Miss Huntington while she had nothing in her closet and with less than a few days away she was stressing out about everything. She heard a knock against her door as she smiled at her younger brother holding a box. She had looked at him as Logan handed her the box along with the note.

Figured you don't have a dress so I'll save you money and an annoying trip with my sister. See you later for the dance lesson. Caleb.

Aria looked at the note confused as she opened the box and found a dress. The dress was black at the top and as it moved down it turned into a dark blue. It had a cross-over strap of diamonds while the middle had a diamond belt as well.

"That looks beautiful. Are you doing the whole thing?" Logan asked as Aria had nodded.

"Yeah, I am. Caleb Armani is officially the best escort. I wish that most men were like him," Aria said as she grabbed her handbag and went out of her room.

Arriving at the venue for their dance lesson she saw as Caleb and Ella had arrived at the place. She smiled as she saw as Ella walked away to some of the other girls as Caleb came to her.

"Excuse Ella. She's in one of her moods again," Caleb said.

"You know, you are one of the sweetest people I have ever met. And I'm not referring to you dropping your sister off. Thank you for the dress. I love it," Aria said.

"I'm glad. Hopefully this lesson will cause my sister to calm down," Caleb said as the dance instructor had gathered all the couples.

"Come on," Aria said as they went to stand in a line.

Aria had exhaled as they did what they were told for the dancing routine that they were supposed to follow. For a moment she imagine that she could hear and see her parents. That her mother was looking at her proudly yet she did know that they weren't there anymore.

The week had gone by a lot faster than Aria could ever have imagined and before she knew it the weekend and the pageant was there. She stood in the dressing room with all the girls as she saw how Ella was walking up and down, clearly nervous. She shook her head as she had looked around and heard as they were gathered towards the stairs of the huge mansion that the event was held at.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to introduce to you the Miss Mystic Court.

Aria had looked at everything as the girls were at top and the escorts were down. She had exhaled as she was clearly also nervous, but knew that things would be okay.

First, we have Miss Tiana Rodrigo escorted by Mr. Travis Hangover.

Next we have Miss Ella-May Armani escorted by Mr. Mason Sanders.

Aria had exhaled as everyone had gone down the stairs while she had felt her stomach turning. She wasn't one for any of the big events that the town always held and she knew that she was now forced to do it.

And lastly, we have Miss Arianna Carter escorted by Mr. Caleb Armani.

Aria had walked down the stairs, slowly, as she saw Caleb standing on the other side. She smiled and all of her uncertainty was gone. She took his hand as he had guided her outside. He had smiled at her, as they both had bowed and the music started to play. They took their right hand, holding it feet away from the other, as they had moved in a circle. Aria had smiled at Caleb  who nodded to her that it would be okay as they stopped and did the same with their left hands before they took both hands. Moving away from one another, they then started to dance. Taking their right hand in one another while Caleb placed his left arm on Aria's back and they started to dance.

Ella had looked in admiration at Aria and Caleb. For a long time she had known that the two of them were fallen for one another, and now at the dance that was confirmed. Aria and Caleb was in perfect synchronization while keeping eye contact and Ella knew she could never have that with anyone. What her brother and best friend had was special.