Prologue

Quick author's note!!

This is just some random idea I came up with so it will probably be rushed and not very thought through, don't expect the writing to be any good either

This is loosely based off the events of season 8 so somethings might be changed around a bit

If there are any warnings they will be at the very start of chapters

This story is based on the characters on hermitcraft but still make sure you're not breaking boundaries in any comments

Enjoy!!

———————————-

"These phantoms are becoming a huge issue around here." Mumbo sighed and took a seat beside the rocky path that lead to Grian's house, he shivered as a cold breeze swept over the Boatem Village, swaying the young oak trees that Mumbo himself planted there when the place was founded. 

"Don't you worry," Grian aimed his bow at one of the low flying phantoms, "I'm sure we'll eventually get rid of them." He let go of the arrow and muttered under his breath as it missed the target by a mere inch, causing the winged creature to let out a high pitched shriek before disappearing into the mountains.

He took a seat on the grass next to Mumbo and couldn't help but smile at everything they had achieved. When they first arrived on this area on land there was nothing but emptiness, but now, seeing the illuminated sights of the Boatem Village bought him so much joy. Scar's mountains which were sprinkled with snow but still managed to be so green and joyful, piercing the sky and reaching far into the clouds. Grian's own alleyway, filled with stars and all sorts of magical buildings and creatures. How could he forget Treesa who still lit up Mumbo's bus as she hung it high above the path, and of course, the Boatem Pole itself. The janky mess of boats and crafting tables that started this whole thing. Everything just seemed so perfect.

They both sat, their eyes wondering around the village until Mumbo's froze.

"Erm...Grian?" Mumbo's voice quivered with concern. Grian turned his gaze towards the moustached man who's face was lit up with a pale, blue glow. His eyes were fixated up into the stars as he quietly said, "Is the moon big?"